May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

I set 22 eggs on Saturday due on the first. I have FBCM and the rest are a mix of EE and leghorn. I made a basket out of plastic canvas and pipe cleaners to separate the eggs at lock down. The FBCM are pure so I don't want to mix up the babies.

I set 22 eggs on Saturday due on the first. I have FBCM and the rest are a mix of EE and leghorn. I made a basket out of plastic canvas and pipe cleaners to separate the eggs at lock down. The FBCM are pure so I don't want to mix up the babies.

I don't think that you would have gotten them mixed up, as the FBCM's would have the feathered leg's.

Guys I think I have lost it! Went on a 4 hour one way trip to pick up hatching eggs! I picked up 66 eggs! 30 silkie, 18 Swedish flower hen eggs and 18 blue andulsian eggs. I also have close to 80-90 eggs from my own flock I will be setting! Mother’s Day weekend is going to be very busy at my house! :lau :idunno
What are you going to do with all of them

Hi Team!
It was a little unplanned - buuuut - Looks like i'm joining you all for a May hatch. Yay!

My new incubator recently arrived and didn't want to wait until spring to run it in so have gathered up a precious few eggs and set them to do a test run and ensure it's running smoothly before the spring laying starts.

All my elder hens have already gone into winter holiday mode BUT one of my youngsters decided to try her hand at laying so I'm using her eggs as a test.

The rooster is my 8 month old Blue NZ Araucana and the hen is a 9 month old Black NZ Araucana.

Big Blue 2.jpg 20210412_140258.jpg

Back
Top Bottom