May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
So I did have some hatch I think I ended up with 18 out of 34 which isn’t great but I’ll take it. I’m going to give the rest of the eggs another day or so. We’ll see. :idunno But here are some of my fluffies!
93B33091-D523-4C5E-88E3-178FB7B8C5A8.jpeg

3C805591-1D53-4F94-B62B-7FFEEB00CC14.jpeg

0EE09645-F90E-4F29-A2C5-A822B4BB2675.jpeg

I am a little bit of a hands-on hatcher, especially when it's my more rare babies. I'm not debating this, but warning before anyone reads below because I know not everyone will agree with what I did. 🥰

I was getting worried, because I used a new incubator and my Grovee temp/humidity monitor gave me some off readings, so I made a very small hole and checked on the one egg that had internally pipped this morning, but not progressed. It's membrane was dry and it was shrinkwrapping. I checked all the others...and it was the same! I "greased" them all up, put them back in the incubator, and increased the humidity. Within 30 minutes, all but one had pipped the internal membrane. Now...I'm back to waiting on the one to pip and the others to fully hatch, unless I need to grease the membranes again. So many chirps..and so many frazzled nerves. 🥰😫

The little one that hadn't pipped, quit in the night. Beautifully formed baby, but the yolk sac was oddly shaped (looked like a three chambered heart) and didn't look absorbed at all. Other four are still absorbing, wiggling in their shells, and chirping.

Beginning of Day 21 here. I have 8 chicks out & 1 that seems to be stuck in the shell. Looks like she pipped through a vein cause there is some blood. She zipped about an inch & now seems to be unable to move & unhappy. Will try assisting in a bit here.
I still have 8 eggs with no pips & 7 eggs that are a bit behind & not due till Wednesday. So hopefully there are more chicks to come but if not I am just happy that some hatched!

This is my first time and I am SO nervous, I check the incubator every half an hour to see if any have pipped and I'm constantly shushing everyone to try listening for chirps haha. I've pretty much convinced myself none of them will hatch - I have bad anxiety!
I definitely had the same problem during my hatch. The sleep deprivation didn’t help either I think I broke down crying thinking I’d killed a bunch because they didn’t pip until over 24 hours after the others. If they moving they are just fine. I played chick sounds for mine and it really seemed to encourage them. I’d turn it off for a bit and when I turned it back on they would start wiggling!

I definitely had the same problem during my hatch. The sleep deprivation didn’t help either I think I broke down crying thinking I’d killed a bunch because they didn’t pip until over 24 hours after the others. If they moving they are just fine. I played chick sounds for mine and it really seemed to encourage them. I’d turn it off for a bit and when I turned it back on they would start wiggling!
Good idea, I have been playing lots or chick sounds but completely forgot!!

Back
Top Bottom