May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Yesterday was Day 12. I candled when adding more water. Of the 3 Dorking eggs, one is clear and one is less developed than the third one. I don't know if the less developed one is still viable. Of the 5 Leghorn eggs, same story. One is clear and one is less developed than the others. Fingers crossed for 4-6 chicks from my little hatch.
If you are using a still air, you need to rotate the eggs around. Otherwise, some develop faster.

They're sitting in an egg turner that constantly rotates them.
I think bull chick means swap their positions in the incubator. So the eggs on the outside of turner, move the middle section and the eggs in the middle, move out to the edges. Even though you have an egg turner a still air incubator doesn't put it's heat out evenly so some spots will be warmer ans develop faster and others cooler. Hope that helps

I think bull chick means swap their positions in the incubator. So the eggs on the outside of turner, move the middle section and the eggs in the middle, move out to the edges. Even though you have an egg turner a still air incubator doesn't put it's heat out evenly so some spots will be warmer ans develop faster and others cooler. Hope that helps
OK, thank you. I just rotated them and removed the two clear eggs.

20.PNG

First chick of foxfire group- blue isbar- color and type I asked for hurray!

Back
Top Bottom