May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
My second hatching went well a few days ago with 2 of 2 successfully hatched.

I'm doing a rolling incubation/ hatch - setting between 2 and 6 eggs each week on a saturday or sunday.

I've just put this weeks 5 into lockdown due to hatch on the weekend. The last candle on these shows one might be a late quitter so I may have my first fail.

20210512_163144 (2).jpg 20210512_163039 (2).jpg

My Friz/NN eggs went into lockdown today, I only have 4 left. I also have my duck egg in with them, it has a nail polished crack, and is due on the 20th. The duck egg is still going though, I thought the extra humidity of hatching eggs would do the duck egg good. The duck egg was in with hatching eggs last week too.

I have been incubating since March, and can’t stop going into the incubator room to check on eggs. :lau The incubator is actually empty for a few days.
I think I know why the turner stopped. I have not actually plugged it back in to see if I’m right. Since the eggs have developed just fine hand turning, I am going to still use that incubator. I have a second one, but no quail rails, and also I would have to play with the temperature first.

I have been incubating since March, and can’t stop going into the incubator room to check on eggs. :lau The incubator is actually empty for a few days.
I think I know why the turner stopped. I have not actually plugged it back in to see if I’m right. Since the eggs have developed just fine hand turning, I am going to still use that incubator. I have a second one, but no quail rails, and also I would have to play with the temperature first.
I use a chicken egg turner and it works. I’ve never had to buy the quail rails and I’m too cheap lol

I use a chicken egg turner and it works. I’ve never had to buy the quail rails and I’m too cheap lol
My eggs always fall through. Chaos made a sling for his, but I think I’ll just get “one last hatch” in these before selling them, and getting a new incubator. The one I was looking at charges $40 for quail rails. It’s only for forty something quail eggs. I will keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom