May 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Yea and more duck eggs wiggling in there too so should have more ducklings in the next couple of days
Tho sadly I only see movements in 1 of 4 remaining goose eggs :(

I don't know what I'm gonna do with this one just yet lol Im keeping him/her and I think it's a she according to the color and I really want her to be friendly with me lol so I don't know if I should keep her separate from the ducks I just hatched or brood them together
Sorry I know nothing goose or duck related. Hopefully they were resting and more hatch out!

Lockdown on the first eggs in the incubator so candled and marked air cells and gave my broody 2 of the eggs so she can hopefully hear them, talk to them and bond with them so I can give her the lav Orps when they hatch!

But since I was checking those I had to take a quick peek at the other eggs even though they are on day 2.....lol. I think I saw signs of life in a couple!!!

So, I had my 360 packed with 29 eggs yesterday. Finished the rest of my hatch & loaded the Kebonnix with 12 eggs today. Did some shuffling and put the 12 biggest in the Kebonnix so the smaller ones could stack easier. I bought 6 Silkie eggs from someone local this morning, and she threw in 2 eggs from her legbar/Silkie cross! So I added the 4 smallest eggs from the farm with them to the inner ring. 41 eggs set between the two, and I’m setting eggs in my classroom tomorrow! 😊

Took her out for a pic :)

Attachments

• PXL_20230502_022012256.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230502_022012256.PORTRAIT.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 1
So, I had my 360 packed with 29 eggs yesterday. Finished the rest of my hatch & loaded the Kebonnix with 12 eggs today. Did some shuffling and put the 12 biggest in the Kebonnix so the smaller ones could stack easier. I bought 6 Silkie eggs from someone local this morning, and she threw in 2 eggs from her legbar/Silkie cross! So I added the 4 smallest eggs from the farm with them to the inner ring. 41 eggs set between the two, and I’m setting eggs in my classroom tomorrow! 😊
That is a lot of eggs especially with how your fertility/hatch rates have been going. Lol

I am trying to figure out eggs/hatching after these. I have the ones on day 2 that would hatch on the 20th. My broody may end up with all those after clears are pulled.

I had told someone local that has BBS Ameraucanas and first gen OE that I wanted a dozen on the 11th.... Well the one that gave me the CCL eggs and Ice eggs wants 6-12 splash project Cochin babies so I need to hatch those for her. So that is 24 for that hatch ...

Then the breeder I use was going to send 18 or so eggs for the 11th but may tell her she has more time and have her wait since I have no room for that hatch. Need to plan hatches around camping trips. Lol

Ofc we leave to go camping on the 26 so this hatch next hatch will only be like 6 days old so broody is best but the babies always struggle figuring where mom went when she goes up the ramp for a few days..... My new coop should be done and won't have a ramp but afraid if I move my broodiness there they will freak out......

Back
Top Bottom