May 2023 Hatch-a-long

80EA7124-9428-4C86-86D0-7812F4E81EAA.jpeg

4 tiny peepers šŸ˜€ the other 4 eggs weā€™re duds (major stink bombs)

That is unbelievably adorable!

Don't give up on the other geese. šŸ¤ž I've had lots of chicks show no sign of movement during candling and then hatch ok but then I don't know anything about geese. I have heard they are extremely difficult to hatch so I'm so excited for you that you managed to hatch at least one!
I'm very excited too !!!
Now I want to make friends with them
I'm not quite give up on them yet
I did take one out because the darkness got into the air cell it's dead

Left the second batch there just in case

Ok, I spoke too soon. Thereā€™s a day 19 pip under the broody!!! I thought something was up, because Mozza has been making different noises today. Well, sheā€™s been talking to the chicks! Weā€™re just going to wing it until everyone hatches šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m just going to keep an eye on everybody. My husband says his grandmaā€™s chickens lived with cows and pigs, and no one gave a second thought about what the broody hen did with her 15+ eggs ā€¦ itā€™s hard for me to ā€œlet goā€ but thatā€™s lifeā€¦! Praying for these babes lol

Attachments

• IMG_7544.jpeg
    IMG_7544.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 1
Ok, I spoke too soon. Thereā€™s a day 19 pip under the broody!!! I thought something was up, because Mozza has been making different noises today. Well, sheā€™s been talking to the chicks! Weā€™re just going to wing it until everyone hatches šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m just going to keep an eye on everybody. My husband says his grandmaā€™s chickens lived with cows and pigs, and no one gave a second thought about what the broody hen did with her 15+ eggs ā€¦ itā€™s hard for me to ā€œlet goā€ but thatā€™s lifeā€¦! Praying for these babes lol
WOOHOO!!!! Funny I just noticed the 2 eggs under my broody have pips! What is strange is a bunch looked about the same at lockdown (some looked a tad bit behind a few had slight shadowing...) so I gave her 2 eggs yesterday and those are the only ones that are pipped!!!!! I know they had no internal pip yesterday when I candled before lockdown so surprised to see the pips!!! Hope the others catch up soon since 5 in the incubator are going to the broody I just had to wait till they hatched to see who came out of what egg. So these are just 2 "test" eggs to be sure she would be fine with them after being broody for 2 weeks....

Just set most of the second incubator today! 7 Dā€™Uccles and 4 Barbu de Watermaals. Some of them are detached so will be added tomorrow after theyā€™ve sat, correct end up, for 24 hours.
Hereā€™s how Iā€™m tracking my chickies in the two different incubators.
View attachment 3490432
that is much neater than my paper and chicken scratch I do! LOL

I see you have a Martini?????? I did too..... that is the one that passed days after I set 2 of her eggs in the incubator as a test batch for fertility. both hatched but think both are boys. :(

Just set most of the second incubator today! 7 Dā€™Uccles and 4 Barbu de Watermaals. Some of them are detached so will be added tomorrow after theyā€™ve sat, correct end up, for 24 hours.
Hereā€™s how Iā€™m tracking my chickies in the two different incubators.
View attachment 3490432
I love your egg marking system! I'm inspired to adopt that from now on. So much more fun than just numbering them.

Back
Top Bottom