May 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Ok, I spoke too soon. There’s a day 19 pip under the broody!!! I thought something was up, because Mozza has been making different noises today. Well, she’s been talking to the chicks! We’re just going to wing it until everyone hatches 🤷‍♀️ I’m just going to keep an eye on everybody. My husband says his grandma’s chickens lived with cows and pigs, and no one gave a second thought about what the broody hen did with her 15+ eggs … it’s hard for me to “let go” but that’s life…! Praying for these babes lol
That is so exciting!

I forgot to post my little ones that hatched on the tail end of April. ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_3189.jpeg
    IMG_3189.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3188.jpeg
    IMG_3188.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1
that is much neater than my paper and chicken scratch I do! LOL

I see you have a Martini?????? I did too..... that is the one that passed days after I set 2 of her eggs in the incubator as a test batch for fertility. both hatched but think both are boys. :(
Yes! Lol I draw little icons on them after I saw a TikTok hatch video doing that. It makes more sense to my silly brain than letters or numbers. That one has a martini icon on it

I candled my day 3 eggs from my incubator and 5/6 had signs of life. Think I will check the ones under my broody tonight.

I gave those 6 to my broody that has eggs hatching to babysit and turn while the ones in the incubator hatch. Once incubator babies hatch I will swap those eggs out for babies and put them back in the incubator until I remove clears and see if she can cover all the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom