May 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
I have an external pip! Yay! Day 20 and 13 hours in 😁

Attachments

• IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    382.1 KB · Views: 3
Looking warmer this week!
Geez, and I thought things were bad over here, lol! Although it's finally warming up, again. We had SUMMER weather a few weeks ago, then early Spring weather again, then five straight days of cold and rain (at least not snow!). At least it's no longer dipping below 0 at night, although sometimes it's close.

Right now it's that awkward time where my a/c goes off during the day, and my heater at night.

Tomorrow is day 18, lockdown day!

I'm starting to wonder if I should move my smaller eggs to their own "hatching incubator". I was just reading them might hatch a day or two sooner.

I also read a post somewhere on these forums saying an egg shouldn't go into lockdown until it is 100% dark except for the air cell. In which case perhaps I should separate the ones that are from the ones that aren't and lock down the ones that are ready but keep turning the others?

I'm probably overthinking this.

So excited for my second hatch ever drawing close. Bit anxious. Want so badly to do everything right.

Day 6 for me. Did a candle. Out of the 40 fertile eggs, one looks like a blood ring is beginning to form. A couple had some weak veining, so fingers crossed they get stronger and don’t die. The rest look great.
We aren't that far behind each other. Hatch day for me is the 26th. So I am going into day 4. I'll candle them on dayb6 or 7 again and actually see what's going on in there.

Bit anxious. Want so badly to do everything right
Oooohhhh me too!!! Reading so much info. A lot contradicts the other, but I've come up with a game plan for this hatch based on all the info....and fingers crossed its right!

Back
Top Bottom