May Hatch-a-long! ~ 6th Annual Cinco de Mayo Hatch-a-long! ~

I set my eggs on the 14th and my birthday is on the 5th hoping I get chicks on my birthday I have 4 Americana eggs 4 Bantam eggs 3 polish eggs and 1 black astrolop egg

I am going to join in on the fun
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png
Haven't done a hatch a long since NYE.

I set 40 eggs today, I originally picked up 11 Heritage Rhode Island reds last Sunday, 7 made it home, after candeling those only 5 actually made it into the bator...

For the last week Ive had all sorts of trouble getting the temperature to were it needs to be, I had to buy a new fan for it and I had to take out both plugs for it to finally stabilize at 99 then I let it sit like that for 2 days just to make sure it was going to stay there. Now the 5 Heritage Rhode Island Reds I was so excited to hatch are anywere between one and 2 weeks sitting age. I cant wait to see if any of them actually hatch out for me, but just in case I went ahead and also threw in 35 of my own production Rhode Island Reds.

Ive never incubated this many eggs before so it should be interesting to say the least. Wish me luck!!!!
1f91e.png
1f64f.png
1f423.png

Well, I guess that some of mine should be hatching in time for this, although I had some chicken math problem.
wink.png
I started out with 16 eggs in the incubator on April 12th, and as of today there are now 30 of them in there. These are all from my own flock of the B/B/S Australorps.

Well, I guess that some of mine should be hatching in time for this, although I had some chicken math problem.
wink.png
I started out with 16 eggs in the incubator on April 12th, and as of today there are now 30 of them in there. These are all from my own flock of the B/B/S Australorps.

Ahhh those are beautiful birds! Glad to have you joining in.

I added 2 more eggs after my set date too... One of them was just a half day late, the other one I added today so it will hatch 3 days late. My absolute favorite hen decided she would lay a couple of eggs for me with shells hard enough to hatch so I added them to the incubator! Luckily I have dividers I built to keep the birds separated until I can band them so I know who is from which eggs.

Ahhh those are beautiful birds! Glad to have you joining in.

I added 2 more eggs after my set date too... One of them was just a half day late, the other one I added today so it will hatch 3 days late. My absolute favorite hen decided she would lay a couple of eggs for me with shells hard enough to hatch so I added them to the incubator! Luckily I have dividers I built to keep the birds separated until I can band them so I know who is from which eggs.

Thanks! I only have the one breed here, so I don't need to band mine unless it would be from which rooster they came from. I wonder how long that I can let those last 11 empty spots sit in my incubator?
idunno.gif

PS> I seen that you added me on the first page, but you didn't say that I'm doing chickens.

Last edited:
Thanks! I only have the one breed here, so I don't need to band mine unless it would be from which rooster they came from. I wonder how long that I can let those last 11 empty spots sit in my incubator?
idunno.gif

PS> I seen that you added me on the first page, but you didn't say that I'm doing chickens.
I am not sure why the list isnt updating to include the fowl you have set!

How do staggered hatches go in your incubator? Got any tips for me? I have never had a staggered hatch before so i am a little leery. Do you keep the humidity down an additional day or so or do you increase it for when the first eggs go into lockdown? I have a second incubator but it seems silly to start it up for a single egg that will be 3 days late...

Here are the eggs I have set:

Cockerel is a U of A Blue
13 brown eggs from an Amber Link, future Olive Egger.
12 white eggs from a nearly 4 year old production White Leghorn
3 blue eggs from "Grandma" a Leghorn/Australorp/Ameraucana cross hen

Back
Top Bottom