MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Hatch finished at home. I ended up with 10 chicks out of 14 eggs originally. My 11th died last night, and the other 3 never finished hatching. I think she was just so far behind the others the mother was too busy to take good care of her with the others running all over and up and down all the time.

I feel it was good for the first time.

YAY
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
When I got home from work I had 2 babies
love.gif
:love They are acting as normal as I think they should act but the one that was born first has something hanging from his hinny. It looks to be intestines or something. Is this pretty normal or is it something I should worry about? I have 4 more piping right now and can hardly stand it!!
pop.gif

I had another pip last night at around 1a.m. - but no sound, and it hasn't progressed really today either. But then, it is under my broody and I can't really watch it. I am beginning to wonder if everyone is dead and didn't make it. Even though she has not left her nest. Today my hen took the most HUMONGOUS poop I have ever seen from a chicken. She got up and drank and ate some. When I checked on her she was just getting back onto her eggs. I don't know what to think. Guess I just need to ignore her for the next two days and then clean out the nest so she can get on with her life. I have another hen who wants to sit on a clutch of eggs, so maybe I will let her give it a go and see if we get anything. I am starting to loose faith and just face the fact that being disappointed in having any of my animals produce something is how it is going to be. Fingers crossed that I get even one chick out of this.

Quote:
I don't know how late yours are but hang in there mine were 3 days late and the hatch didn't finish for 5 days. Of course my last one didn't make it but I think that was due to mom not sitting on it all night. She is always up and down with the other 10.

GWill23 - Thank You!!! You have given me hope to let it be and hang in there. I am not sure what day they are on, but I do not think they are late. I am just anxious no doubt. But thank you for the encouragement!!! Maybe I can get my DH to install a little camera in there so we can watch on the monitor??? That'd be cool. If not for this broody maybe the next one. Many thanks again!!!!

Kk moorechicks - where are pictures??

I think that last picture is going to have me buying an incubator. SOO cute!!! Huge congrats!!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom