MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Not to get anyone too excited but I couldn't resist this picture. They were seranading mommy
smile.png

51148_100_0796.jpg

that is VERY cute picture.
LOVE IT!!!
I came home from work tonight and a little goose was looking back at me in the bator. I moved it to the brooder and it is screaming its head off. I want to take it to the mama goose and see if she will take it but dont want to go out there in the dark. I had to get it out of the bator because of the quail eggs.. it could realy make hash out of them. there are about 65 of them and today should be hatch day... nothing. My second batch of quail and no babies. I must be doing something really wrong.

Eeeee - I have another pip - and last nights pip is starting to grow!!! Please oh PLEASE let these ones live.

Well I have 4 total RIR that have hatched. I have 1 that died tryin to zip
hit.gif
hit.gif
I have 2 more RIR that have done nothing adn I dont even think I have seen them move. I have my 3 mystery eggs that one has some of the shell cracked off but the membrane is dry looking and has not been messed with .I am not sure if ti cracked while the others were playing soccer when they hatched or if it pip. So when do I know when the give up? Today is day 22.

end result: 10 brown/red d'Uccle (must have miscounted the eggs,lol, thought there were only 9), and 5 Mille Fleur cochin chicks.
Still waiting on my broody, she will be hatching on the 31st.
Then on to the May hatch along for whats in incubator # 2.

wee.gif
my 1yr old white cochin had 2 empty shells beside her this morning! It is her first time broody. I didn't want to disturb her so I will check after work and hopefully get a picture.

When I left this morn one of my white mystery eggs was zipping.
celebrate.gif
I am so excited to see what comes from that. I hate I will miss it but so glad I have it hatching
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom