MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Yay!!! My white mystery egg is a black or blue silkie... It is so tiny!!!
love.gif

Oh yeah, I'm celebrating tonight!!!!
smile.png
There was a cool breeze tonight, so I set up a low wattage heat lamp only to ward off the cool breezes as the chicks hatch. We have 2 now - and boy are they beautiful. Probably the prettiest chicks I have ever seen('cause they're from my own girls). I saw 2 more pips, and mama is doing a Great job!!! I really am SOO proud of her. Here is a little video I took right before my camera died.

Nope. She's been doing a perfect job. But since the top of the coop/tractor/brooder has good ventilation I didn't want to take the chance so I set up a light to keep it draft free without making mama uncomfortably warm. And I have been watching, so if she does start to ignore them and let them get chilled I can step in and keep them warm. I have to put in a chick safe waterer now. **heads off to happily scrub a waterer for the new family**

If you click on it it ought to play a short video clip. I cannot believe I was actually there to see it happen. I thought that only happened when using an incubator.

Quote:
Apparently I was wrong! I woke up at 12:30 this morning to some VERY insistant peeping! I said to myself...NO WAY! I waited a bit and then ran out there. One beautiful baby BCM was sitting there all by her lonesome, drying off. I hope another hatched so she can have a buddy!

One question: I left her in the incubator because I leave for work at 6AM. Will she be okay until I get home at 4 PM this afternoon??

I DO have a pic and will post!

Nanc

Quote:
Apparently I was wrong! I woke up at 12:30 this morning to some VERY insistant peeping! I said to myself...NO WAY! I waited a bit and then ran out there. One beautiful baby BCM was sitting there all by her lonesome, drying off. I hope another hatched so she can have a buddy!

One question: I left her in the incubator because I leave for work at 6AM. Will she be okay until I get home at 4 PM this afternoon??

I DO have a pic and will post!

Nanc

39980_0528100503a.jpg

I don't think I have ever been this happy...LOL (before 7 AM )

Congrats on your BCM! Yes, she will be fine in there all day. In fact, she will be fine in there up to 48 hrs, surviving off the yolk. Leave her in as long as that and open the incubator as little as possible. Hopefully her cheeping will lure other hatch mates to come out and play!

I awoke to my 3rd chick! My 2nd lav. Orpington hatched overnight! That makes two of them + my other Orpington which I keep going back and forth on, is it blue or is it black. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

So far I have no pips in any of my Ameraucana eggs. They are all lavender too, 7 Large Fowl and 3 Bantam made it to lock down. I also have 3 more B/B/S Orpington eggs in there. Praying for some more action soon on all of those eggs as today is day 22~
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom