MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Ok, so here I go again...this is too much fun. Friday, I put 27 Mille Fleur D'Uccle eggs in the incubator, sat, put 10 partridge cochin eggs under a hen and sun put 9 salmon faverolles eggs under another hen.....wish me luck. I got a hygrometer for my incubator, had not had too much luck so hoping this will help me...good luck to everyone. Thanks Save The Favs. for starting this one as well.

OK. My 13 year old son has decided to join in the fun. I am so proud of my baby....Uhum....I mean young man.
lau.gif

He has placed 5 EEs in the LG incubator I stopped using because I kept fighting with it. He has them in his room and has been doing really great with them. He seems to have more patience with the LG than I did and so far so good. The temp and humidity are doing great for him!
hmm.png
Either he has the "magic" touch or all the fighting on my part has finally paid off. I told him not to touch the knob for any reason whatsoever.
wink.png

My 5 year old and I candled all our eggs last night and so far so good. I think one of my 10 BR Turkeys is not fertile, but I left it alone just in case. All 18 of my Ameraucanas seem to be dancing in there......well maybe 17, one I'm not 100% sure of. I can't see anything inside our BCMs and some of our EEs, but they all seem to have good air sacs so
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Dang I almost forgot to post....

27 eggs in the bator this morning, due May 19 (12 for a customer and 17 for me... Dd15's boyfriends dad gave me 12 eggs from his chickens, so I'm gonna have a real surprise hatch)

BO broody is on day 4, shes got 5 eggs from my chickens under her (3 bantams, 1 EE and 1 BO)

I'm a first time hatcher too. I borrowed an incubator from a friend. I have 8 splash silkie eggs from my new hen and I ordered 8 buff silkies from a BYC'r. The first 8 are probably going to start hatching this Sunday and the second 8 on Cinco de Mayo. I tried to candle but my inexperience left me wondering what I have. I think I saw one move inside. One was clear. The rest are a mystery. Because they are 3 days apart, the hatching of the first batch is going to overlap the lockdown of the second batch. I didn't plan that very well, I only realized the problem this week. EGADS! It'll be a miracle if it all works out and I get real live fuzz-butts! What do you all do for the anxiety and worry? I was thinking of taking up drinking. But then I'd have to go to those meetings. I surely don't have time for that ! So I decided against it. Oh well, back to the Breyers.

Quote:
If I were you, I wouldn't toss the one you think has a blood line. I had one of those and thankfully did not toss it and now (day 12) I have a happy little chick dancing inside the egg. Those green eggs are really hard to look into. IMO you never really can tell. Might be a bad idea, but I plan to keep all of mine until lock down.

I hope you have a good hatch.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
If I were you, I wouldn't toss the one you think has a blood line. I had one of those and thankfully did not toss it and now (day 12) I have a happy little chick dancing inside the egg. Those green eggs are really hard to look into. IMO you never really can tell. Might be a bad idea, but I plan to keep all of mine until lock down.

I hope you have a good hatch.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I haven't thrown any of them out yet for the same reason. I'd hate to find that I tossed a developing chick! I figured I check again in a few days and make a decision then.
smile.png

I have 12 Silkie eggs in the incubator at school due to hatch on the 11th. I also have two broody Silkie hens on piles of eggs in the coop due to hatch the same time. I candled the eggs in the incubator yesterday and all 12 are developing nicely. The two girls in the coop have been sitting faithfully so hopefully will have a load of chicks. Count me in!
jumpy.gif

I put 12 guinea eggs I won on ebay in on 4/11 and 12 from my chickens on 4/18 so I should be hatching about Mother's Day. This is my first hatch so I am nervous and excited
fl.gif
I tried to candle, but most are hard to see through plus I'm not sure what I see when I look at them

have you raised baby turkeys before? how difficult are they to raise from babies?

No we have never raised baby turkeys before. I've heard it's difficult compared to chickens from incubation on, but I "think" I've read enough about it to try it.
fl.gif
We placed 4 chicken eggs in with them after a week of their incubation and we are hoping they hatch together. We were told the chickens will teach the turkeys to eat. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping for the best.​

Back
Top Bottom