MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

I got 14 eggs last friday from a silkie breeder in WA. And so far 7, possibly 9 are developing.
wee.gif
All the way from WA to NY! Hopefully I can get all 7 to hatch, that would be amazing.
ya.gif

Im going into lockdown tomorrow for silkie, mandarin duck, call duck, and pekin eggs.

Beautiful babies I can't wait to see what hatches from my lock down last night. I locked down 1 wrlc from a doz shipped and 4 cm from a shipment of egg soup and I really thought not a one would develop. I can never see any movement in any Marans egg I lock down but the Cornish one was moving and I so hope it hatches. I had to look at my turkey eggs 19 days they are and I saw their feet I have 10 good ones from 15 shipped and my meat cross eggs didn't like their trip either from 24 I have 9 that are developing. Sometimes shipped eggs just don't do well. Last time I got eggs from the seller 31 out of 34 hatched....oh well it's not like I need more chicks.

Quote:
I started with 6, but 2 turned out to be infertile which left me with 4 at lockdown. I had a Partridge Rock rooster who fathered these chicks. He now lives with a breeder. The first to hatch was laid by my RIR, the second was laid by my EE who passed away leaving me two of her fertile eggs. I have one more in the bator from her which hasn't pipped and the other egg was laid by my LB and pipped sometime while I was asleep last night. Oh, I just love them!
love.gif
I hope they are girls!!!
big_smile.png

i have 11 pips. hoping for the best! it's been 7 hours since i found them this morning and not too much progress (can't see ANY progress on several).

tell me again the lull is normal? and that they'll move again soon?

It took about 10-12 hours from pip to hatch on all 4 of mine on Monday.

We ended up with 3 as one died just after hatch, the last one was very weak and had more blood in the egg then the others so I didn't think it was going to make it. The other 3 are loving their brooder, gosh I still need to get pics of them playing, it is so cute!

Only 4 days till next lock down - 7 days till next hatch!!!!!! My hubby asked why I was putting the first incubator away - he won't admit it, but he thought it was cool too, LOL.

Quote:
I had several that took 15 to 20 hours from pip to hatch so just go balance your bank statement or something.
lol.png
A couple that I was convinced had died just took off all of a sudden (after doing nothing forever!) and zipped and popped right out.

Last edited:
hatch over got 1 blue orp to hatch out of 15 eggs. 5 died without pipping, 7 were clears, and 2 died a few days in.

Got 1 pekin out of 13 eggs. 1 hatched and died. 1 managed to pip and died. 4 were clears, 6 died without pipping.

2 hatchlings better than my last hatch of 0.

Back
Top Bottom