May hatch-a-long

I've been reading along here and posted something now and then.

Tonight, when I checked on the eggs I heard a cheap. I don't know which one is pipped but one must be. I am having a really hard time dealing with the fact that I really shouldn't open the incubator for a closer look.

At least I have one with a clear lid.

I've been reading along here and posted something now and then.

Tonight, when I checked on the eggs I heard a cheap. I don't know which one is pipped but one must be. I am having a really hard time dealing with the fact that I really shouldn't open the incubator for a closer look.

At least I have one with a clear lid.
that is great

It's day 18 and I've candled the 4 eggs that are under my broody light sussex and they are all looking good. Hopefully this one does a better job than her sister who squashed the chicks as they hatched. I've made the nest a lot deeper so fingers crossed :fl

Well, I just checked again. The egg with the pip now has another cracked spot.

That is what is referred to as zipping right?

The humidity was down below where it should be and just adding water hasn't increased it enough. Yes, I have been waiting at least 15 minutes between additions. And, I can add the water without opening the lid.

With all that I decided I should add a damp washcloth. It was steaming a bit and wet when I put it in as I wanted the drop from opening the lid to be as short as possible.

I will check again in a few minutes and then go finish my mowing.

Here is what I found just a minute ago.

received_597517037301894.jpeg

Not the best picture. My camera kept wanting to focus on the glare on the window.

The "auto correct" of photography I guess.

So mean mama broody is due tuesday. She kicked 1 egg out extended air cell no movement. And force aborted a second egg. So she has 3 right now. One of the 3 was stuck to her so we got that cleaned up. I might try to candle the last 3 tonight too make sue everything is ok

Back
Top Bottom