May Hatch-a-Long!

I have a broody hen who's eggs should hatch sometime in May. I also just placed 16 easter egger eggs in the incubator this morning... so due around 5/12

I'll join this...I have eggs arriving in a few days from Raven1, she's sending me a nice big box of Birchen Maran eggs. I only had 1 hatch in the Easter HAL, so I want to try again to get more of them. As soon as I get them and set them, I'll post again with dates and pics.
celebrate.gif

Also
I am hatching guinea eggs, 15 of them, for a friend, set Friday the 18th in the evening, 28 day set, hatch due May 9. I have never hatched guineas, this will be interesting. Also set 7 Muscovy duck eggs with them, they are due to hatch May 16th. I am using an R com 20 incubator. I had trouble with it saying the water was empty when it was not. Some wonderful person on here suggested seeing if the 2 pins in the water tank made connection with little pins on the lid, one did not. Fixed with a little piece of tinfoil on the pins. Works perfect now. Thank you for that! Last hatch April 10th 12/18 set 1 not fertile, 3 never hatched, 1 died during hatch and 1 died at day 2. 12 are doing well, 7 Wheaten Marans, 5 Easter Eggers.
Also have a broody hen sitting on 17, should hatch May 3rd

Hi,I would like to join the May hatch a long.I have 58 eggs set and are due May 5th.Just a barnyard mix,some from my hens and 2 dozen from another farm.I candled a couple white eggs last night and I could see the eye and veins' So exciting!! I'm going to try and get a picture of one tonight :) Happy hatching!

I have 7 Canada Goose eggs due to hatch around May 16th and 22 Welsh Harlequin duck eggs to hatch on May 6th.
I'm so excited to see how everyone else's hatches go! Happy hatching everyone :)

I'll join! I have Wheaton Ameraucana eggs from Peachick arriving today! If I set them tomorrow, they'll hatch on May 16. Yay! I've been wanting some of her eggs for a long time.

No wait...just tracked the package. Expected delivery is Friday. Guess I'm setting Saturday!

Last edited:
Today my mission is to find a solution to my never being able to see through my EE shells, I will need to have something decent to candle the 16 in my bator and 2 under my broody (the other 5 broody eggs are orp eggs)

Back
Top Bottom