May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

Seven weeks and crowing

Seven weeks and crowing

Oh my - that is really quick. - not much meat on a 7 week old though! lol
My Dh says if they cock - a doodle - they simply wont Dooooooo !
( So he was the one running around like a headless chicken finding them all homes so he didn;t have to Doooooooooo them in! lol )
I do hope that you can keep your roo boys or find them good homes??? Our wee one is only a week or so behind yours - S/he looks to me like a hen but we will see if it crows or lays yet! I am hoping to post some pics so others can see the only chick I have - S/he doesn't look like a Silver grey dorking neither did the chick that died? I think this one may just be a plain old Leghorn? She is going white and has grey eyes. A beauty - so I am sooo hoping she doesn;t crow! It is nice to hear how others are doing with chicks hatched the same month!

Oes - good luck.

Last edited:
I think 5 of 11 I hatched are roosters. Only the one is crowing so far. Been doing it two weeks off and on. They are all barnyard mix. Had two of seven hatch yesterday from new batch. But nit even a peep from other eggs. But they were due today so we shall see. Might have to go rob a friend of more eggs lol one day hope to order maran eggs to try

I think 5 of 11 I hatched are roosters. Only the one is crowing so far. Been doing it two weeks off and on. They are all barnyard mix. Had two of seven hatch yesterday from new batch. But nit even a peep from other eggs. But they were due today so we shall see. Might have to go rob a friend of more eggs lol one day hope to order maran eggs to try

Marans are a great duel purpose bird - good luck with that. I miss mine !!!! Gerty was a great girl Cuckoo Maran

Oes

Lucky, I'm still waiting on eggs from all of mine. They are getting super red in the face now, so hopefully soon! Otherwise it probably won't be until the spring

Ohhhh wow so I may get eggs too soon???? The Amber star that was hatched in may is doing well and the two new Maran pullets are about 2 weeks younger than she is. We found a little calico silkie in the road today and it seems about 10-12 weeks? We will see how she does.

Oes

Back
Top Bottom