May have found our missing dog!

ChevygirlBeth

Songster
11 Years
Aug 21, 2008
The Hills of Eastern Ohio
We had a little beagle mixed puppy who was about 9 months old. About a month and a half ago I let him out to go potty before I left for work (our normal routine) and he didn't return. We and the neighbor kids searched for him and found no sign of him. DH and I went to the pound and they assured us that if they found him that they would call us. At this point we had given up on finding him - we lost another beagle mixed dog earlier this year (actually this dog's older sister from another litter) and never found her again. We were told that coyotes probably got her, so we assumed he had met the same fate. This morning the pound called and left a message that they have a dog there that may be him!!! DH is heading out there now to see if it is our dog! I'm excited, but trying not to hope too much, so I won't be too disppointed if he isn't our dog.

I hope its your pup!!!!
smile.png

Oh, that would be so great! I hope it's him!

Those hound dogs - my old beagle mix was quite the traveller as well.

It's him! It's our little Happy Feet (I'll explain the name later)!! I'll post some pictures in a little bit! I'm so excited!
wee.gif

The weird thing is he never was a traveler (his sister was, though). He would go potty and come right back. If he explored the fields around the house he usually back within an hour - he knew where home was and always wanted to be there. That's why it was weird when he disappeared.

Ok, I gotta go play with the puppy for a little bit and then get my butt back to work!
big_smile.png

My oldest son lives with my grandmother and one day their Beagle followed him to school, and he did not realize it about 30 minutes after class started the principal came into his class and asked for him, one of his friends had told it was his dog, the dog was going up and down the halls looking for my son. The school is about 1 mile from their house.

Quote:
Congratulations, that's a great happy ending. Does he seem fat and happy or thin like he's been on the run? Either way he's back.
Beagles are beagles and they roam......

Congrats on getting your pup back. I'm so glad you found him. Can't wait to see pictures of the little bugger.

Back
Top Bottom