bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!!!
smile.png

Ok, here's the story of Happy Feet. His mother and father belong to my FIL. He was the runt and he was a little different - he slapped his front paws on the floor when he was playing! So, DH's family named him Happy Feet. I'll have to upload a video of him sometime - it's SO cute and quite funny to watch. Seriously - he almost looks like he's trying to swim or something the way he flails his paws around! Anyway, FIL gave him to a neighbor's kids. When we lost our first beagle, Shelby, we looked everywhere, including the pound. When I went to the pound, guess who I found there? Happy Feet! So, of course I couldn't leave him there. We contacted the family he belonged to and they said they didn't want him anymore, so we kept him.

Happy (and Shelby was out of the same parents) is the product of a full blooded beagle daddy and a beagle/chihuahua/pomeranian mommy.

Here is Shelby curled up with Sadie. They were BEST friends... Sadie was as heartbroken as we were when we lost Shelby.
814_picture_001.jpg

Here is Happy earlier this summer:
814_picture_003.jpg

Here is Happy today (it's not a good picture... I was in a hurry):
IMG_2750.jpg

He was SO happy to see us! He definitely remembered and recognized us right away. He is in decent shape... he looks like someone had been feeding him. They said at the pound that a lady brought him in today and said she found him several miles from our house. He seems a little nervous, though - he is constantly grinding his teeth (a habit that seemed to start when he was in the pound when we adopted him... it got better, but now he's doing it like crazy again). DH said when he took him home he seemed happy and remembers his training. I can't wait to go home and see him!

Last edited:
There is always the possibility that the lady who 'found' him had been keeping him, but then decided she didn't want him anymore. Or someone else could have been doing the same thing and he got out.

The teeth grinding can be a stress behavior. Especially since he seems to do it in the stressful environment of the kennel. Hopefully it will subside as he re-integrates into your household. If not it could be OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), you can talk to your vet about training options and medication (yes they really do have it for dogs).

Glad he's home!

Back
Top Bottom