May have found our missing dog!

Glad you found your dog.

jumpy.gif

I'm not trying to be mean or think I am a perfect dog owner at all, I just personally know the heartbreak of "that one time" one of mine bolted for a truck on the highway, got hit and while I was trying to get him back to the truck to a veterinarian, my other dog got hit by another truck and she was killed instantly in front of my hurt dog and me...it was black ice and we were 3 miles from town, out in the country "where no one was" and it all happened so fast!

I still have the dog that survived, he's going to be 12 years old in February 2009 if he makes it that long...his hind legs don't want to work anymore, they give out. It took most of a year after the accident for him to control his emotional outbursts, he'd snarl and want to bite me, he'd cry, he'd finally hear me telling him it was only me...I couldn't allow anyone near him as he recouperated as the swelling caused gangrene on the brain and our only vet wasn't much help until it wore a tunnel to the surface and green pus started showing!

I learned the hard way and my Ozzy still is suffering for that accident in his old age...he's been a great dog. I'm happy Happy is home and you've got another chance to love him...
Here's my Ozz helping change the shower curtain a year ago before his legs got too bad, now he can't get into the tub to help:
P1010001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom