May WYGS Mystery Swap~ Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow they got there fast! Ok the light brown ones are Jersey Giant blue roo over black hens, now the others are Jersey Giant (blue) over golden buff. I have a roo of this cross and he is so pretty, a slate blue and red I will get a pick of him he is only 12 weeks. I have got to make aprons for the girls because the roo is stripping them of all their feathers. We had a black roo, a year old almost but a barred rock roo killed him and three JG hens I hated that roo! Let me know what happens. I hope you don't mind some big chickens because one of my hens is almost as big as the roo, tall wise only the roo is a foot wide at least!

Kimmie
Awesome! Yes, some of the eggs are HUGE which is why I was curious!
And I only have standard sized chickens, but no Jersey giants. Another that was on my list for next year but I am super excited I get them this year instead! I would love to see a pic of your roo :)

Received my eggs from BHep yesterday. All arrived intact. None broken. Thank you for all the extras. Are all of them Seremas?

Serama and Showgirls
smile.png

Mandee, Did you get yours in the mail today? I hope the basils are OK. When I packed it I noticed that they had begun to sprout because of the delay. Everything else I think will need more water than what was in the potting soil. I found that using a straw in a jar of water and putting your finger over the end to trap the water by vacuum delivers the right amount to water each plant in the eggs. When they get up about 3 or 4 inches (with at least the second set of leaves out) just break the bottom of the egg out and plant them in the ground. The pumpkin and the peas will probably need a heavy watering the first time to soften and rehydrate the hard seed. The pumpkins & the squash are both heritage mixes. Each one is different.

Awesome! Yes, some of the eggs are HUGE which is why I was curious!
And I only have standard sized chickens, but no Jersey giants. Another that was on my list for next year but I am super excited I get them this year instead! I would love to see a pic of your roo :)

This guy is hard to take pictures of because he is very paranoid of danger. There's his sister coming in the door. Just three months old

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom