Mayans not laying

sandreca

Chirping
Oct 11, 2015
Paintlick kentucky
Help the guy I bought my Maran from told me they were 8 months old one maybe but the rest were the size of my four month pulleys ! I also bought Easter eggers from him and I'm sure they are laying a cream coloured egg! My comets barred rocks are five mines and laying why aren't my Marans help!

Last edited:
Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Your Marans may still be adjusting to their new environment. Sometimes the stress of moving and adjusting to a new home can stop a bird from laying for awhile. Or, perhaps they are not as old as the previous owner thought? Or, it is possible that if they do not have enough sunlight (12-14 hours per day) they may stop or significantly slow down with their laying as well. In addition, are you sure they are all pullets? Good luck!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I think you need to take the seller's comments with a grain of salt - not too sure he knows what he has/ how old etc. Also different breeds don't all start laying at the same age.

Good morning and
welcome-byc.gif

As the other's have said, some breeds take longer to lay than others and moving to a new environment is stressful to birds which can delay laying. The EE laying cream colored eggs isn't really unusual, they are known for laying anything from cream colored to pinkish to greenish-blue.

I hope you're enjoying your birds and you see some Maran eggs soon!

Back
Top Bottom