Maybe Bonnie is a Donnie..

kdolly87

Songster
5 Years
Dec 22, 2014
Dalton Ga
[/IMG][/IMG]

Pullet or cockerel??

Looks like a little cockerel to me. Looks like it's already turning pink, which it shouldn't be at this age. But it may be too young to tell. Be sure to post another picture in a few weeks and it will be much easier to tell.

Looks like a little cockerel to me. Looks like it's already turning pink, which it shouldn't be at this age. But it may be too young to tell. Be sure to post another picture in a few weeks and it will be much easier to tell.

Yeah I'm not giving up hope just yet! I'm crossing my fingers she's still* a girl. :D do the side patches of skin indicate at all to be cockerel? That's when I really thought woah. That's gonna be a roo

Most of the time yes. Bigger combs and wattles and the rate at which they turn red can determine the difference between a cockerel and a pullet. In some cases, many of the fast maturing breeds (leghorns,etc.) Will turn red sooner than the rest, so those are harder to judge until the sickle feathers and pointy saddle feathers develop. (which your little guy should be starting within the next few weeks), unless "she's" still a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom