McDonald's finally did something right

Ugh!

That is the very reason you need to make your own egg mc muffin and its simple. I had McD muffin about last week, had a deep craving for it. It didnt taste the same as my girls' eggs.

Good thing about this, today when I went to the Y for my workout, I picked up 3 more egg customers. Because I know a lot of the people as I am a regular, they already knew I had chickens. Some knew I sold eggs, and therefore picked up a few more customers.

And Yea this morning it made me sick to watch it and thankful I have my girls!

What a sad video. I do know that they undercover investagations is probably doctored up to show the worst of the worst. But the violance they did to the chickens definatly should not happen. Pretty much the reason Factory farms ever existed is because of $$$. Most consumers look at the egg price and not how the animal is taken care of. We deal with stores all the time and they are always price cutting as far as they can. Sales = lower prices and more customers. But that lower price sure doesn't come from the store it all goes back to the farm. And the lower the price has to be the more the farm has to cram into there space to actually stay open. The consumer is happy for getting the cheap egg and the chicken is stuck in a small cage. Our farm You can actually go through the histry of the chicken farm. It started out as small coops out in the fields and then went to bigger buildings where the chickens were able to walk around but had very little out door time. Then to the indoor cages. And now Trying to get back to the roots and have our chickens ourside and give them freedom. The only hitch, Yes the price. 85% of our customers doesnt' want to pay more than 2.00 for an dozen of eggs when right next to it is a dozen from a cage bird for half the price.

Quote:
I suggest NOT watching it, but wanted anyone to watch that wanted to. Wish I could take it back. I now want to adopt some battery hens
sad.png

I would suggest people watch it, so many people now-a-days just pretend that something doesn't happen in an effort to make themselves feel better about the issue.

Watch it in the morning so you can go hug your chickens without waking them up
sad.png
This is such a sad video.

This is just another example of factory farms. It really does not make any difference that McD switches their egg supplier because they will just go to another factory farm and it will be the same thing all over again. It is obviously not limited to egg production. There are factory farms for pig production, factory farms for chicken production and the list just goes on. I love eggs and I am really glad that I recently decided to have may own chickens for eggs. I would be hard pressed to ever go back to regular store bought eggs and it is not because they may taste different. It is the thought of how the chickens are treated. I love to eat chicken but since we have begun raising chickens for eggs we have decided not to eat store bought chicken. We will not bring ourselves to kill our chickens but we have found a private person who supplies us with fresh chickens. In fact, I recently was there and picked out two nice turkeys and will pick them up Wednesday for Thanksgiving. Wish I could find someone who will process pigs. In the world we live in the only way that a supplier can process the amount of food necessary is to do it in the factory way and once that happens there are bound to be sanitary and humane issues that will constantly come up and it will always take some undercover reporter to discover it.

Quote:
This reminds me of me
smile.png
I found an all natural, free range chicken (free range OUTDOORS, not just cage free). It tasted SO much better than store bought chicken. I will never go back to the store. Farmers market only. Especially buying from the farmers that will allow you to visit the farm and see for yourself. We just had farm day in NB (Canada) and we went to a milking cow plant. OMG it was amazing! They treated these cows like royalty! They slept on waterbeds, had butt scratchers, and were NOT tied up! They were not crowded, it was clean, they had this awesome looking milker that moved in a circle. Hard to explain.. I was very impressed! It was only 5 minutes from my house too!
big_smile.png

I don't know many people around my area that treat their chickens like pets. Glad I found this site so I don't feel so crazy!

Quote:
yes as long as people ,keep going for the cheaper price......this will go on, even the USA making these illegal..then they will just be import , were US has no control.

just like alot of other thing made with child labor and etc. overseas.

My point was that once it was brought to someone's attention, they made a change. With a corporation as large as McDonalds, they are obviously not going to be able to satisfy small backyard chickeners such as ourselves, however, they did the right thing making a change.

For the record, I NEVER click on those links and watch even more depressing stuff. I see enough every day.

Back
Top Bottom