McDonalds Hen!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Jennym, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Jennym

Jennym Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Connecticut
    TEMECULA, California (AP) -- In the end, the elusive chicken that took up residence outside a McDonald's just got too comfortable in its new home.

Some customers had to wait for their food when the chicken blocked the drive-thru.

For four months customers tried unsuccessfully to catch the brown hen using bait or bare hands. Last week, the fast fowl was finally captured after it settled in for the night right on top of the drive-through window box.

A group of employees distracted the bird with bites of hamburger bun and nabbed it.

Restaurant manager Chona Cauley said the chicken's downfall was that it got a little bit too comfortable around the drive-through.

"Normally, the chicken sleeps in the bushes," Cauley said.

The bird won't end up on the menu. It has been sent to live as a pet with other chickens at the home of a restaurant worker.

Since the chicken arrived, customers often found themselves waiting to order their McNuggets while the bird blocked the drive-through lane

2. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    LOL its almost like it knew what the people were eating [​IMG]

3. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    They could of put a uniform on it and it would have fit right in with the rest of the bird brains!! [​IMG]
    May have got my order right. FINALLY! [​IMG]

No hate mail! Its a joke! I used to run a similar type business. [​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I wonder if anyone saw that chicken and thought twice about ordering McNuggets. "Eat more beef!" Hee hee. [​IMG]

5. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I just saw this story and came here to post it. I can't believe they couldn't catch if for four months! [​IMG]

6. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    its a peaceful protest no feathers for ketchup!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by