McMurray hatchery ‘Ameraucanas’

Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
I have an order placed with McMurray Hatchery for June 7th and out of the 23 chicks, 4 are ‘ameraucana’ hens and 1 is an ‘ameraucana’ rooster. I’ve heard a lot of mixed opinions on this topic, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with McMurrays ameraucanas and if their birds are true ameraucanas or if they’re Easter Eggers. I don’t care either way, but I was just wondering. Even if you don’t have experience with them, does anyone know how you tell the difference between ameraucanas and EE’s. Thank you for any help, it’s greatly appreciated.

-ChickenWhisperer101

I have an order placed with McMurray Hatchery for June 7th and out of the 23 chicks, 4 are ‘ameraucana’ hens and 1 is an ‘ameraucana’ rooster. I’ve heard a lot of mixed opinions on this topic, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with McMurrays ameraucanas and if their birds are true ameraucanas or if they’re Easter Eggers. I don’t care either way, but I was just wondering. Even if you don’t have experience with them, does anyone know how you tell the difference between ameraucanas and EE’s. Thank you for any help, it’s greatly appreciated.

-ChickenWhisperer101
I order from Murry McMurry. Last year I ordered 12 F-White Leghorns and one M-Leghorn. They all shipped from IA. to Sequim Wa. with out a problem. I have 2 orders with them currently. One to ship the 10th - 12th, tomorrow and one to ship the 17th-19th. I dont know about EE or true ameraucanas but if you dont mind being on hold, because they are very busy, they staff are very knowledgeable and so nice. I like the company. Going forward I do plan on hatching my own chicks, hopefully.

I order from Murry McMurry. Last year I ordered 12 F-White Leghorns and one M-Leghorn. They all shipped from IA. to Sequim Wa. with out a problem. I have 2 orders with them currently. One to ship the 10th - 12th, tomorrow and one to ship the 17th-19th. I dont know about EE or true ameraucanas but if you dont mind being on hold, because they are very busy, they staff are very knowledgeable and so nice. I like the company. Going forward I do plan on hatching my own chicks, hopefully.
Thanks for the response. Good luck with hopefully hatching some chicks! :)

I believe they may have pure BBS Ameraucanas. But that's it.

Here's my article on telling the difference. Click the image.

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Intro = = = = = = = = = = = 🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔 @TheOddOneOut is the only other person who I have seen touch on this subject. A link to her thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hink-you-have-an-ameraucana-do-check.1421663/ She goes through all the basics. I wanted to go a bit...

Back
Top Bottom