McMurray Mix - 5 mo old what could they be?

I had ordered 2 Marans roosters along with the mix
I think the first Photo is one of the Cuckoo M. < tell me if that's right?> they look very much like Barred Rks. The first fella has the white/pink legs& feet

THe Fella below I think the Feathering looks more like Marans
however he has yellow legs / feet.. and some green tinges to the feathers on the back

Pink Legs = Cuckoo Marans Cockerel
darker one with yellow legs = Black Sex Link Cockerel maybe?

In order, I'm seeing
red sex link rooster
brown leghorn hen
probably Dark Cornish hen
Cuckoo Marans rooster
looks like a black sex link rooster
two Easter egger roosters

Just as an fyi you can't use a cuckoo Marans rooster in a sex link cross, if that's what you had in mind. The hen has to be the barred/cuckoo bird.

Dark Cornish pullet. Meat bird, mediocre layer, good broodies.
smile.png

These are a Oct 29 Hatch.. of a mixed special..

Last edited:
In order, I'm seeing
red sex link rooster
brown leghorn hen
probably Dark Cornish hen
Cuckoo Marans rooster
looks like a black sex link rooster
two Easter egger roosters

Just as an fyi you can't use a cuckoo Marans rooster in a sex link cross, if that's what you had in mind. The hen has to be the barred/cuckoo bird.
yes.. but the cuckoo hens.. you can cross with a black bird.. ? for the sex link.. is this correct?
I have black Jersey Giants and several barred hens.. I'm hoping if they are Marans I will be able to differentiate the eggs from the other hens..
is that possible?

< I have hen's too.. tho.. the legs are yellow..> we'll see when the eggs start up.. if they truly are Marans.. the females are darker in color than the males

thanks so much!

Yep, a solid (non-barred) rooster over a barred or cuckoo hen will make sex link chicks. Just checking you had the right sexes--that would be a huge disappointment!

Back
Top Bottom