Mcmurray~Positive experiences wanted~

I ordered 25 Easter Eggers with 1 free chick which all arrived alive April 23rd 2007. All lived except for 1...I let nature take its course because the care was taking too much...the chick would have 2 bad days, 1 good day...then finally after a month I stopped the special care put her back in with the flock and next day she was gone. It was a ton of work to say the least...and I was only prolonging the inevitable.

But all others are happy, laying, and I've even sold a few to very happy customers!

McMurray sexed my flock PERFECTLY...call them if you want all hens and ask them to put a note on the order to triple check the sex!! They were 100% on my flock.

Good luck to you!
cool.png

Our order of 30 chicks came the second week of April, with one free chick and an extra EE. Aside from one barred rock that was not thrifty, the birds were in excellent condition and are putting on weight well.

They arrived when they were supposed to, and so far, none of them has crowed!

I'm happy with McMurray, though I do wish they would have edited their "Araucauna/Ameraucauna/EE" description before we ordered. At the time of the order, it said these were Araucaunas, a few weeks later it was corrected to EEs chosen for egg color. *shrugs* wouldn't have changed my order, only my expectations.

We ordered the 25 feather-footed bantam collection and 4 polish girls. Delivery was scheduled for either April 20, 21, or 22. Shipment arrived on April 21 - everyone was well. We actually received 32 chicks, I belive 26 feather footed, 5 polish and the mystery chick. The Polish looked a bit sickly for the first day or two but eventually perked up. The mystery chick mysteriously died on the 3rd day. Another feather footed was flattened by the flock on day 5 (my fault, let the brooder get a bit cool). So we are down to 30.
I did notice on the order form that they had actually shipped 25 feather footed REGULAR sized birds, not the Bantams. Called to ask about this and they immediately proposed sending me the 25 ff bantams asap. Yikes!
Apart from the error which thay immediately made amends for, I have been very happy with McMurray and would order again.

I ordered 25 + 1 free chick from MM last October & they all lived and did well. Well I lost about 5 to the food chain after they were outside - (i.e. my dog got 2 of them & we lost 1 to a feral cat & 2 to hawks). Then I sold the rest that I didnt need off when they were about 17 weeks old and got about $5 a piece for them since I had done all of the hard work of the brooder & such.
the 9 I have left are laying great (well 7 are laying 2 are roosters). The chicks were healthy and they have remained so.
I think a lot of it has to do with when they are shipped. I got mine in Oct - around the 22nd and they had all winter to mature before they started to lay.
I would order from them in a heart beat if my husband would let me (I made out another order but he vetoed it).
The only draw back about MM is their required # of birds to ship. But for the most part I think they send out quality birds.
My friend has only ordered from Ideal and she has some die out of every batch she orders from them - like linger deaths and some that were dead in the box. I cant handle that.
Anyway, hope it goes well with you and your birds.
And by the way - I live on the East Coast in Virginia and the weather was mild in October.

I received 28 and only lost one of mixed pure breed bantams.the following day so I cant complain, wish I had a digital camera.

I got 26 "Meat and Egg" chicks and they are all doing well. I paid for some gel growth enhancer but it was NOT included in the shipment.'

No big deal about the missing "enhancer" but it does make me wonder if other things were missed, like vaccinations.

I recieved my first order from MMH a 10 days ago. I ordered 25, half of them were the Meat bird cornish X the other half were various pairs of rare breeds. I recieved them all about 5 weeks after I placed the order and they were 72 hours old when i recieved them. I recieved a salmon Faverolle as my free exotic chick and I also recieved an extra SL wyndotte roo at no charge for a total of 27 chicks. All of my chicks arrived alive and spritely if not a little hungry and thirsty. They are all still alive and kickin. I have mooved them to outside brooder and all are thriving. I recieved good customer service from them and I would say it was a 100% positive experience at this point. I will def order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom