McMurray troubles

dan_grow

Chirping
9 Years
May 21, 2010
st. Louis
i don't know if this is where this should be posted but here i go anyway

i'm trying to order some chicks from McMurray and cant seem to get it to work out can anyone with experience with ordering chicks give me some pointers?

(this would be my first time ordering chicks)

What are you trying to order? I have ordered a few times from Mcmurray and always had good service and shipping. They are a bit pricier then some others but I like them. Please let me know what you are ordering and what you mean by it "not working" and I will try to help.

Give them a call...I believe they have an 800 number. Since you're unfamiliar with ordering, they'll be able to answer any questions you might have.

I too favor Murray McMurry, and they might not be open in the office on Sunday. Try calling them tomorrow and they will take your order over the phone and will tell you right away if the chicks you want are available and what date. I have used the web site too, and it is pretty straight forward. However, lots of chicks are NOT available this time of year due to the hens not laying well later in the year or maybe they just give them a break. I always get a catalog from them, but it will not tell you if a breed is sold out. Have a credit card ready if you do call, and a list of birds, plus backup choices. I hope this helps and I have ordered lots and lots of chicks, I think they are one of the best to order from. Good luck.

lotzahenz
I too favor Murray McMurry, and they might not be open in the office on Sunday. Try calling them tomorrow and they will take your order over the phone and will tell you right away if the chicks you want are available and what date. I have used the web site too, and it is pretty straight forward. However, lots of chicks are NOT available this time of year due to the hens not laying well later in the year or maybe they just give them a break. I always get a catalog from them, but it will not tell you if a breed is sold out. Have a credit card ready if you do call, and a list of birds, plus backup choices. I hope this helps and I have ordered lots and lots of chicks, I think they are one of the best to order from. Good luck.

thanks lotzahenz i think i get it now
big_smile.png

O.K. so I just went onto their website. What you do to order online is:
Go to the breed you want-I assumed you wanted jumbo cornish cross so I clicked Standard Breed Baby Chicks, then scrolled down to the meat bird section & clicked Jumbo Cornish X Rocks. Then I went to the bar that said CXRS Straight Run (assuming you want straight run & not all males) & entered the amount of chicks I wanted where there was a space for it. Then I clicked Add to Cart just under the box. Then it gave me a page with my order & I clicked secure checkout. Then I clicked new customer-continue. Then it asked me for all my details & I'm sure you can figure things out from there :)

Quote:
Dan,

Right below the 'order by catalog' on the left side is "Day Old Baby Chickens" select this. Then if you are looking for broilers you should select "Meat Birds" under the Standard Breed category in the left column. Simply select which type of meat bird you would like. Once you select the type of meat bird, and all but the Cornish Roaster seem to have some availability as of today. All you need to do is type in how many birds you would like under the "how many" block in the top section and then hit "add to cart". If that is all you want to purchase continue with "secure checkout". Hope this helps.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom