McMurray's Kookaburra

It seems terribly irresponsible in my mind for a hatchery to sell a specialty bird like a kookaburra to anyone who has the cash to mail to them. You would like to think that a buyer of such a bird would at least have to demonstrate the capacity to reasonably care for such a creature before they'd sell it.

Unfortunately that's not the case and birds fall into the hands of inept and ignorant people which on occasion wind up as publicized animal cruelty cases and provide additional fodder for the animal rights activists to further clamp down on our ability to keep birds.

Write McMurray a letter and let them know how you feel about the sale of specialty birds to un-vetted people over the internet!

DT

you can also buy swamp hens there.... and other exotics.. i find it insane.... I have no experience whatsoever with anything like those birds and would never dream of trying to raise one. I think that's why mcmurray's chicks are so expensive... they spend money on kookaburras and swamp hens and try to sell them to farmers.. lol.

Quote:
I don't think they actually bought the birds they are offering there. I think it's more likely that they are brokering them -- listing them as being for sale by someone else, and if bought through their wider circulation of potential buyers, accepting a fee for the service of selling them. That would explain why they are more expensive there than directly through a breeder -- there's an additional fee involved in getting them through the hatchery.

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom