Me and my chickens

Daisies

In the Brooder
May 25, 2015
Portland Oregon
I just joined and someone said to introduce myself and my chicks so here it goes: My name is Daisy, I live in Oregon, I am 15 and I have 10 chickens. 5 of my chickens are around 3 years old they are: Carl (I got her from my aunt... apparently my uncle forgot she was a hen when he named her and that's still her name
idunno.gif
) she is a gold laced Wyandotte, Stormy and Blondie are my arcanas, Cecily is my Americana, Lily is my golden girl... she is the nicest chicken and my best layer, she's a gold sex link. I also have five chicks that are 10 weeks old: Rosie my spunky giant cochin, Jessy my black sex link, Penelope my other gold sex link, Bailey my barred rock... I always wanted a barred rock! and Lacey my cuckoo mar an.

I got a spur of the moment itch to get some ayam cemani when I thought about doing 4h. Then I thought of breeding them for a little money and a hobby... SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!!!!
love.gif
th.gif
My grandma said she'd get them for me even when I said it would be several hundred. I haven't got any yet but I still want some. Right now I sell eggs to my neighbors and family... It's a fun slightly lucrative miny business.
smile.png

I think that sums it up.

Last edited:
Hi Daisy, nice to meet you. You have one great grandmother. Nice choice of breeds. I saw your avator and checked to see if you mentioned any ayam cemani. They certainly are the big deal right now., until the market gets flooded. I've never seen one in person, or I should say in bird.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC Daisy!!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm glad you joined the flock!!
wee.gif

Many adventures await you and your flock. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around!!
big_smile.png

D.gif
jumpy.gif
-Turkenstein25
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Thank you for the welcomes! Now I'm curious though, what does it mean when the market is flooded?
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. "When the market is flooded" refers to so many people purchasing a rare breed for the purpose of making a lot of money that the breed is no longer rare but common place and can be bought relatively cheap. You have a wonderful mix of breeds and hybrids. Black Sex Links are my favorites as they are friendly and hardy, laying machines. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from Jessy. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom