Me..confused :)

Quote:
Hey Hi, so nice to hear from someone in this part of the world
big_smile.png
How did you survive the winter this year? Have you had chooks for a long time?

Hi Trish! We kept ours in a basement bathroom for two weeks then moved the brooder to the coop. Worked beautifully and the chicks were handled every couple of hours during the day. They're nearly a year old now and still love to be picked up. You have a lovely setup, and I imagine that if you can keep the drafts off them and the temp at 95 to begin with that short jaunts out to them many times a day will work fine. Nice ground for your run, couldn't see 'Mac' in second pic because of slow download (we're on dial-up!).

One of the birds, 'Dorothy' was flying at two weeks. Progress documented here- you're going to have a LOT of fun!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=7693-A_Brooder

lol.png

girlsaint- another Bluenoser- HI!

Last edited:
Hi- and Wow- I go back to work and miss posts from two weeks ago. I now have baby chicks in my kitchen in a broosder, and another hatch due at the end of April I guess that gives me time to get the first bunch out of the kitchen lol. The dog now occupies the porch and the chicks are toasty warm and well protected in the brooder/

Hope things worked out for you!
big_smile.png

Hi LynneP:D

My brooder is a room built onto the back porch of my house. As long as its kept free of drafts near the floor and a light in there for the chicks it doesnt matter if its outside or inside. You just need to make sure they keep the right temp.

I put my brooder in our coop...here in MO we did have some cold days and nights too..but they stay nice and toasty so far....We just had not place in the house that was safe with the sneaky cat I have...LOL....and my hubbys allergies....

Back
Top Bottom