Me & My Hobbies

3 Blonde Ponies

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 28, 2012
York, Pa.
Since I'm new here I guess some people might want to know a little more about me. So here goes my shameless plug on myself.

I'm a nerd. It's not a derogatory term. Its a badge of honor. Everyone is a nerd in some way or another.

I read alot. Mostly fantasy, sci-fi and some horror. I have aspirations of being an author someday. I've got two books at the editors right now, one is a vampire novel another an adult fantasy re-telling of the 'beauty and the beast' story. Both are young adult and adult. I LOVE fairy tales, especially the ones that haven't been sanitized and dipped in bleach by Disney, meaning the fairy tales that most people have never heard of. ( I LOVE Russian fairy tales illustrated by Bilbin. What an artist! )

I dabble a bit at art. Right now I'm a better writer than artist. When I was a teen I used to draw AND write alot equally. Always loved to draw horses.

I have my own tiny farm so I can now have my childhood dream of owning horses. We have 3 right now, all registered Haflingers, 2 geldings and one pretty decent stallion. ( That's him in my avatar! ) We trail ride, ring joust and do historical re-enactment with them. Hubby does ALOT of re-enactment. I used to ride more but now I have back issues and riding hurts. One day we'll get a harness and cart. The stallion knows how to do the cart thing really well since he spent 10 years before us with the Amish.

( I also have a small collection of snakes.) Nothing huge or venemous. Mostly corns in pretty colors.

And I'm taking dance classes to keep flexible as I age. No, I'm not good yet! At all! But its fun so I'll keep doing it.

Devon
aka "Chew Toy"

Hello, and
welcome-byc.gif
!

I love Halfingers! They are such a cool horse. There is a ranchette about 15 minutes away that has some out on pasture. When I am feeling low, I will take a drive out that way just to see if they are out and to get a look at them. I can only see them from the road if they are in the valley, down by the stream, so it is very picturesque! Somehow, just seeing them makes me feel better.
love.gif

I have a question for you: do you know a Russian fairytale about a coyote and a raven? My sister flew to St. Petersberg, Russia for her best friends graduation (foreign exchange student) and then they spent the summer backpacking through europe together. She brought me a hand carved wooden toy and told me there was a Russian fairytale that goes with it. But by the time she got home, she couldn't remember the story. She bought it the first week she got there, and hauled it around for over 3 months in her backpack. It is one of my most treasured things.

Back
Top Bottom