Mean Barred Rock Gender?

HomespunChicken

In the Brooder
May 5, 2021
Southern California
Hi, I have this around 7 week old barred rock who is so aggressive! She or he will try to peck me when I go to pick her up, she always seems to be more off by herself compared to sunbathing with the rest of the girls or dust bathing. If anyone is on a perch higher than he or she is, she'll totally jump up and peck them! None of my other birds are this way. I included some pics but I don't really know what to look for when trying to see gender so let me know if I need some other ones.
1620263792190.jpeg
1620263812748.jpeg
1620263827399.jpeg

Hi, I have this around 7 week old barred rock who is so aggressive! She or he will try to peck me when I go to pick her up, she always seems to be more off by herself compared to sunbathing with the rest of the girls or dust bathing. If anyone is on a perch higher than he or she is, she'll totally jump up and peck them! None of my other birds are this way. I included some pics but I don't really know what to look for when trying to see gender so let me know if I need some other ones. View attachment 2652011View attachment 2652012View attachment 2652022
He is a boy and will grow up to be a rooster!! ;)

Hi, I have this around 7 week old barred rock who is so aggressive! She or he will try to peck me when I go to pick her up, she always seems to be more off by herself compared to sunbathing with the rest of the girls or dust bathing. If anyone is on a perch higher than he or she is, she'll totally jump up and peck them! None of my other birds are this way. I included some pics but I don't really know what to look for when trying to see gender so let me know if I need some other ones. View attachment 2652011View attachment 2652012View attachment 2652022
:welcome Good luck and have fun.

Aw man! And he's already a mean little bugger! Just out of curiosity, what gives it away? Guess we should've named Barbie Ken instead
Also he is not mean he is just keeping the pecking order in line its normal fro chicken to move a chicken out its called the pecking order and I would not mess their order if I were you :D

Back
Top Bottom