mean roo - how do I kill him?

Montana cluckers

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 31, 2010
sad.png
how to I humanely kill my roo? I don't really want to, but he's getting too mean and we have 7 other roos. I'm not sure I can eat him after raising him from a chick. I feel guilty, guess I shouldn't have made him a pet.
hit.gif

we find using the cones for everyone is the best way. slice the neck and within 5-7 seconds they are gone. Minimal thrashing in the cone as well. we used just road cones. and honestly if you can get past the killing and pluck fast it's just another chicken. let it rest, throw in freezer and it will be just another chicken in there.

If you can't eat him, then give him away to someone who can.

If you truly want to send him to the great freezer in the sky, check out the meat bird section. It details different methods to quickly and humanely kill them. (we use the off with the head approach) I'm not going to lie to you and tell you it's easy, the first time was awful for me, but I got through it and so will you.

how mean is he? have you tried showing him whos boss? is there anyone you could give him to? i've seen roosters go up fpr adoption through the humane society

Back
Top Bottom