Mean rooster any breed ideas

Is there a certain kind u recommend ? He will be done before I add a new one. I have 3 br hens 1 white leg horn 1 Cochin and a Banty, so what would u suggest?

It could also depend on what your goals are. Do you want just a flock alerter in which case any/many breeds would suffice or if you want the possibility of raising chicks and want them to be a certain breed, then match the breed of the rooster to the hens you want chicks with. Several of our chicken raising neighbors and friends have cochan roosters and they're usually pretty laid back and while I've heard otherwise from people, I've never had a mean bantam rooster in my life Most of them are big personalities in a little package. Really not much protection, but the instincts are there. I've seen a bantam roo driving off a large fowl hen four times his size who was picking on one of his bantam pullets.
When I was a child we had just what we called "bantams." I didn't realize they came in breeds other than bantams and cochan bantams. .Today I have Old English game bantams and absolutely no problems with the roosters.

It could also depend on what your goals are. Do you want just a flock alerter in which case any/many breeds would suffice or if you want the possibility of raising chicks and want them to be a certain breed, then match the breed of the rooster to the hens you want chicks with. Several of our chicken raising neighbors and friends have cochan roosters and they're usually pretty laid back and while I've heard otherwise from people, I've never had a mean bantam rooster in my life Most of them are big personalities in a little package. Really not much protection, but the instincts are there. I've seen a bantam roo driving off a large fowl hen four times his size who was picking on one of his bantam pullets.
When I was a child we had just what we called "bantams." I didn't realize they came in breeds other than bantams and cochan bantams. .Today I have Old English game bantams and absolutely no problems with the roosters.
Yeah when I was about three I got attacked by a bantam roo. My dad had to push me behind him, and it still kept attacking his shoe. This was my Great-Uncle's rooster, when it attacked my Great-Aunt it went to the pot.

Back
Top Bottom