meat chickens

You must of got slow growing broilers you should be about ready to process now. I spend 13 bucks a bag for 22% meat bird food and it will do 2 to 3 birds start to finish so it cost around 5 bucks to feed a bird for 50 days

You must of got slow growing broilers you should be about ready to process now. I spend 13 bucks a bag for 22% meat bird food and it will do 2 to 3 birds start to finish so it cost around 5 bucks to feed a bird for 50 days
I Bought 50 Birds received 52 Lost 10 Have 42 Left and at first I thought the same they are growing slow But Now they are Seam to be right on track I will process in about 2 more weeks Before I go broke and the feed I am getting is called all flock and its only 40# bags @ about 14$ a bag But Had to go to tractor supply picked Up 2 bags of 50 # Those were 18.99 a bag WOO WEE

About how many pounds of feed have you gone through? And what variety meat birds?
I raised 300 birds (Cornish X) to 6 weeks and feed them 32 sacks (40 kilos or 88 pounds per sack) of commercial feed. Over the last week or so I've added ground corn. These birds eat and drink huge a lot.

Back
Top Bottom