Meat Ducks & Chickens For Xmas in Washington??

TerrasCritters

In a new coop
12 Years
Oct 24, 2007
I have some people asking me for some birds for xmas dinner, but umm I cant sell my own birds for that, without raising them up for that.
So Silkiechicken? Anyone in WA with some meat ducks and chickens available? Prices?

Thanks

I wish I had meat birds for this time of year. But hey, there is time to raise them up for x mas if you get fast cornish. I don't really have time for that type of operation right now though... or do I?
lol.png

Truthfully, I would have to become a vegetarian if I had to eat the little guys and gals clucking around in my yard! There is no way in heck I could do that, even if it were a rabbit, chicken, cow, goat, pig, duck..........tofu and sprouts would start looking really good to me!

I just thought of something... but I don't think it would do well with the expectations of the "American" meat market or fit your needs well enough. I have 6 or so fryers that are "on the table" for one of my Asian customers, but he doesn't want all of them. I sell the white and yellow skinned birds for $2 a lb. It's similar to what you get when you go to a Chinese restaurant and order "free range chicken. "

Don't think it would fit your needs though but it's an option if you want.

Scrabled Egg: Don't worry, that's normal when you raise them for pets. I have two flocks myself, the untouchables which consist of all the layers and my main roo, and the ones I raise for strictly meat.

I dont plan on raising any, they just wanted to buy some from me, I raised mine as pets not food so I cant knowingly sell mine for that
hmm.png

But if you have some extras, I could probably take them off your hands, when do you cull them, so I know when to get it done.
Can you tell me the exact info on them what they will dress out at etc.
I am not sure they will want me to go through the work of getting to Everett to get them.
They are Vietnamese a HUGE family but, whatever lol

Thought I butt in lol...I was at FredMeyers today and saw that duck was 32.00 a bird. I didnt know they were that expensive.
ep.gif
Your ducks are so cute Terra. I would have a hard time butchering them too.

When I was at the poultry show, they had some huge ducks for $10 a piece. My dh has been dying for duck, but I just couldnt stand the thought of the poor dears coming home to be on the dinner table. I guess I would be ok with it if I knew they were NOT raised as pets, but I could never raise them and do it, nor could I do it to someone else's if they were pet birds. I asked him bout it, but he didnt pay attention and now he is telling me darnit, I should have BOUGHT them, he wasnt paying attention to what I said, blah blah blah. I wonder how much attention he pays to ANYTHING I say!
hmmmmppphh!

Haha, yeah, if you raise meat, you have to do it separate. Look at dinner differently than your layers since you can't get attached to a bunch of boys and have nowhere for them to go.

DONT tell me that thndrdancr ROFL
We are going to a show soon Christina will KILL me for filling her little car up with meat birds. HAHA!

Bad enough I will have a bunch in there already, I never even asked if it was ok, what a good friend I am.
sad.png
Yikes
cool.png
Love ya! hehe

Anyway thanks for the help!!

Back
Top Bottom