meat ducks or maybe meat ducks (not sure what to do)

itsasmallfarm

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 27, 2016
canada
hello everyone, sorry if post like this already exists or this is the wrong section, but am in a bit of a problem (i over think things), now most people here seem to raise ducks for pets, (i am as well raising ducks for pets) but at the same time (am overthinking things again) ducks only lay eggs for a few years (like prime production) and i really enjoy duck eggs, so i am thinking in some time (a year or two from now) to get a laying flock of ducks and i can only get straight run meaning am going to have to deal with drakes, now i love duck meat (wild and tame) but am not sure if i could kill/butcher a domestic duck, but at the same time i hate how there raised in commercial factory. and i love duck meat.

not sure maybe some insight from somebody could help what to do.

and again am talking about like next year at the earliest.
thanks itsasmallfarm out.

Heres what i do. I free range my ducks. They get exercise, and fresh food. They are healthy, not fat balls like commercial raised. I have two drakes right now, one i am keeping, one i am unsure about. Any bad drakes go byebye, nice free range duck :D the hens I keep for eggs and pets ;)

Back
Top Bottom