meaties are **3 weeks** today!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't have a CLUE where my kitchen scale is so we'll have to play the whole "weighing" thing by ear until I can locate it. I let my little meaties go in the yard in a temporary coop and they spent the day out there "free ranging" lol.

I just brought them back to the brooder on the porch a few minutes ago because the temps here are supposed to fall into the 50s all day tomorrow. Just checked them and it was so cute: they wer all laid out asleep with their two EE buddies who we bought the same day. My camera just doesn't make good pics in the brooder... but I promise I will try to get pics of the tomorrow!

(They are cute but I know they will be dinner: and they don't stay cute very long when the stink begins as they get bigger)

I just got home and put them back in the brooder..One of my chicks is already going down on one of its legs....ugh....Guess I'll just see how it does, right now its limping.

Just curious, what brand is the 18% ya'll are feeding? Mine is KTA/Hubbard starter grower. I'm also starting 8 BO's, 6 silkies, and 1 ameracauna on it so I have something to compare the size to...

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I haven't had any problems yet, but I've heard so many reports of things going wrong, I'm just waiting for it to happen. Have you started restricting feed yet?

Quote:
Same here this go round. I'd have to hunt up the receipt, but it was $8 something a bag which is about $2-$4 cheaper/bag than anything else around here right now. So we bought enough to finish the batch all the way through.

LindsayB- Could it have gotten injured?

Quote:
I don't really see how it could of been injured. they don't jump off things or anything. When I put them down into the pen or brooder I am VERY careful. It now look like the chick's heart may be working too hard. All of the other chicks have nice pinkish legs, his/hers are grey/blue....
sad.png
its face is pale and seems to be breathing harder than the others. I put up a new post about it earlier, but no one has responded.

I just bought 6 Cornish Rocks yesterday from TSC and I finished my chicken tractor today. This is my first time raising Cornish. We processed 7 black sex link cockrels in November. I just wanna see how it goes and the difference between the 2. I can already tell they won't be in my house that long. I put them in the brooder yesterday about 3pm and it already needs to be cleaned out!! Right now their on Dumor brand chick starter 24%. I really need to go get my digital scale and weigh them.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone's birds turn out!!
smile.png

Quote:
Yay!! more people with meatie chicks! Mine were in the house for maybe 3 days. after that it was into the garage! I don't remember our layer chicks ever smelling that bad
sickbyc.gif
and we had them in the house for weeks!

Quote:
Yay!! more people with meatie chicks! Mine were in the house for maybe 3 days. after that it was into the garage! I don't remember our layer chicks ever smelling that bad
sickbyc.gif
and we had them in the house for weeks!

I know huh?? I have 11 chicks in my living room that are 1 1/2 weeks old & 1 week old and I can go several days without cleaning their brooder. These little thing here eat, sleep & poop!!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom