Meattie order from Central Hatchery ... great price

g&a thomas

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 2, 2011
Oak Harbor, Washington
Put in my order for 100 meat chickens from Central, only $80 plus shiping for them. Hatch date will be 21 March ... Got to say that both times I have called them (once for Q&A and once to order) I have been very impressed with what I have heard. In my opinion they are a no frills hatchery, seems that the same guy answers the phone and I think he might be the owner.

Did mail order DP last year so decided to try straight meats this year for comparison. The kids got too attached to the DP and made slaughter day hard for the roos they got attached to. Going to keep the brooder outside so I think that will help with the attachement as well.

Hey...thanks for the tip! Do you live near this hatchery? I've never ordered chicks from so far away and was worried about their survival rate if they were sent from Nebraska to WV.

I'd sure like to get in on this deal, so I'm going to call them and see what their success has been in shipping so far.

Great! Thanks! If they get to you in one piece, surely they can make it to mine!
big_smile.png
Let me know the size of your chicks also? I went to TSC today and their CX were tiny!!! Same size as the other DP breeds in the bins.

BeeKissed ... no worries on the tip. I ordered from Privett last year and had a very good delivery rate even in late January. It is the same hatchery my local farm supply store orders from. I talked with several people that have done meatties in the past and they all tell me that they are all pretty much the same, so I looked for a hatchery that is a little closer to me. I am pretty sure Central will have a good ship rate since they have been in business for so long. I did a search on here for them and saw great reviews from all over.

Ralph ... let us know how the chicks are when you get them on Friday.

I just went to Tractor Supply and picked up a few Cornish X. I really didnt want to do another batch of 25 before summer, but I did want a few to get me thru the summer. They were $1.99. I know last year they got them from Ideal; I assume it was the same this year.

Edited to say it must be them, because they advertise their Cornish as Cornish Rocks, and thats what the sign said at TSC.

Last edited:
I received the meat birds from central today. They were a day earlier than I expected. I ordered 100 and received 104. All survived, look beautiful and very healthy! Off to a good start!

2012-03-01_17-42-42_357.jpg

Ralph

Back
Top Bottom