Medicated food and vaccinations????

As mentioned, medicated feed is to combat coccidiosis, so only the coccidiosis vaccine is a concern. Marek’s and Fowl Pox are separate diseases, not related to medicated feed.
Do note that to be most effective, Marek’s vaccine should be given to chicks no more than 3 days old who have had zero contact with other chickens or chicken dander. Foul pox - I do believe that is only carried by mosquitoes and is an annual vaccine? I think that one is only given depending on the chicken’s risk level.
Thank you, for the information on fowl pox I will be sure to remember that when I vaccinate them in 7-8 weeks or so.
Also I don't if there is a coccidosis vaccine I looked for one but I could never find it. I do know that if a bird has it in your flock you can mix in corid powder in their water. (They sell corid powder at Tractor Supply)

Can any of us even get a coccidiosis vaccine? I have purchased the one for Marek’s, but don’t recall seeing the coccidiosis one. My chicks from McMurray got it and they always seemed so healthy with great poops. I like to think the TSC chicks I added in with them may have gotten some benefit from their vaccine, too (their attenuated infected poo).
I have also never seen a coccidiosis vaccine. I know that you can put corid powder in their water to help them if they might have it ( you can corid powder at tractor supply or order it online). Also I hope your chicks grow to be happy and healthy. 😊

Back
Top Bottom