Medicine for geese

No idea it was all after we had a sharp first frost when all the geese slept outside and before it it rained none stop and she was soaked and lost her water proof in the feathers and she cant walk lost weight but i caught her a few days ago just sitting on the ground not moving so i brought her to the shed yesterday and this morning she was better, i mean she started talking and started eatting and drinking and she didnt do her buisness for a whole day yesterday until this morning which was a relief! But it was a big watery buisness she made and now she does her buisness now and then .And my sister is not answering the phone ! Which is quiet annoying but that will soon come.
Now the goose is warm with two covered hotwater bottles :) And i always wanted to know if geese can take a asprin ?!?!

Sorry your goose is not feeling well. I do not think giving her aspirin will do any good and it may harm her. Keeping her warm is good. Also keeping her stress level down is good. If you have any human quality fish oil, there is no harm to give her a 1/2 caplet once a day. Losing waterproof is called "wet feather" and is caused by a few different things. You need to diagnose cause to determine proper treatment. Hope your sister answers her phone soon!

As for giving aspirin generally..... there are people who give waterfowl aspirin and it seems to work. My vet is against giving aspirin as it is very hard on their system. Metacam is the best anti-inflammatory medicine that I know of for geese.

Sorry your goose is not feeling well. I do not think giving her aspirin will do any good and it may harm her. Keeping her warm is good. Also keeping her stress level down is good. If you have any human quality fish oil, there is no harm to give her a 1/2 caplet once a day. Losing waterproof is called "wet feather" and is caused by a few different things. You need to diagnose cause to determine proper treatment. Hope your sister answers her phone soon!

As for giving aspirin generally..... there are people who give waterfowl aspirin and it seems to work. My vet is against giving aspirin as it is very hard on their system. Metacam is the best anti-inflammatory medicine that I know of for geese.
I read and I'll try to find it, that

aspirin is hard on their kidneys. I hope she feels better soon serv.
fl.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-ultimate-medicine-dosing-chart
I did find this. This says it can harm a ducks kidneys I would think it may harm a goose too.
http://www.duckrescuenetwork.org/DRNBoard/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=168

Last edited:
Thank to ye both ladies

I will get the fish oil ;) for the goose and for futher geese with sickness in the future

And miss lydia the website were very handy and interesting also :)

Thank you again ladies

thanks for the info ladies

i heard someone say to me before about fish oil tablet and i ignored it but now im gonna get it since i see its important ;) its not hard to get for my future geese flock also

And miss lydia thank you for that handy ,and interesting infomation thanks

thanks again ladies :)

Back
Top Bottom