Meet Havarti - any guesses as to her breed? She’s a 17 week old pullet.

I’m laughing - yes that was two different birds. The funniest thing was me trying to get a profile photo of the two right now!! Here’s Havarti in all of her glory. She’s the only chick that is a ham for the camera!
Here’s the side profile.

Attachments

• BE39D41C-5206-4131-AE13-D7AA803521E8.jpeg
    BE39D41C-5206-4131-AE13-D7AA803521E8.jpeg
    717.2 KB · Views: 1
I’m laughing - yes that was two different birds. The funniest thing was me trying to get a profile photo of the two right now!! Here’s Havarti in all of her glory. She’s the only chick that is a ham for the camera!
Rhode Island red for sure! I have one! Her name is Hailey. She is about 4 years old now and slowing down laying a bit. But still a great companion! Speaking of eggs, if she's 17 weeks, egg-spect eggs any time now!

Rhode Island red for sure! I have one! Her name is Hailey. She is about 4 years old now and slowing down laying a bit. But still a great companion! Speaking of eggs, if she's 17 weeks, egg-spect eggs any time now!
Awesome! I can’t wait for eggs!! I feel like I’m looking for surprise presents a couple of times a day 😂

Gouda looks like a cock.
I wouldn’t say the saddle feathers are pointy but the seem longer than the other chickens, but they are all different breeds.

If Gouda is in the front in this recent photo, and is 17 weeks old, SHE is definitely a pullet.
Her comb is small and pale, and she does not have narrow, pointy saddle feathers (they would be on the back, just in front of the tail.)

Her hackle feathers (base of the neck) have pointy markings in them, but I don't think the feathers themselves are have the narrow, pointy shape that would be found on a male.

She looks like an Easter Egger to me.

Back
Top Bottom