Meet me and my chicks. Lots of pics!

Littletonchicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 7, 2010
I have been lurking and posted only a few times but I wanted to finally come out of the coop and introduce you to my chicks. They are now four weeks old and I have a total of 14. I have 4 RIR, 2 Black Sex Links, 3 Golden Comets and 2 Decalb Amberlinks. They have given me hours of enjoyment as has this site. I never dreamed I would have chickens but I find myself happily raising my baby chicks and looking forward to when they start to lay eggs.

Here are some pictures of the last four weeks to share with you.

DSC07372.jpg

DSC07374.jpg

DSC07411.jpg

DSC07411.jpg

DSC07417.jpg

DSC07498.jpg

DSC07499.jpg

DSC07502.jpg

DSC07505.jpg

DSC07506.jpg

DSC07515.jpg

DSC07503.jpg

DSC07709.jpg

DSC07710.jpg

DSC07711.jpg

DSC07713.jpg

DSC07716.jpg

DSC07717.jpg

Thank you for all the insight and great advice on here.

Aww... they grow up so fast! What cuties. I didn't see barred rocks on your list but do I see a BR chick in there too?

You have beautiful chickens. No doubt they are fun to watch grow up.

-chris

Last edited:
Oh yes, I do. I have three of them. Sorry about that. I am still amazed when people can pick out the type of chickens by pictures. I still can't tell them apart and they are mine. So to edit my post....... I have 3 Barred Rocks.
wink.png

Awesome... I'm getting better at IDing then. (Plus I have a couple of week ond little fuzzy bottoms that look just like that.)

If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear how you see the temperaments of your breeds forming. (For example, my little barred rocks are snugglers and smart... never thought I'd touch a chicken let alone cuddle one. My EE are bold, starring down the cat outside their brooder, and more independent. But we are only a week in and changing all the time.) I hope a question like that isn't a hijack... if so, sorry!

-chris

Don't mind sharing at all.

I find my RIR's to be very friendly and will actually come up to me now and peck at my fingers. They are starting to let me pick them up with no problem.

My Barred Rocks are getting a little friendlier but they keep to themselves alot and I find them on the roost more often then the others.

My Amberlinks rule the house! I only have two of them but you can tell they are the dominant ones right now. They even let the ducks know who is boss. They also let me hold them and come to me when I get down and put my hand out.

My Black Sex Links kind of just keep to themselves. They will take a treat and take off with it. Even though they get chased, they usually keep their treat and enjoy it in a corner by themselves. They have yet to come and check me out when I am in the coop.

Amazing how different their personalities are.

Thanks for sharing their growth! I love my br's too. Funny how all around regardless of where you get your BR's they seem to be the most people friendly. But then again all of mine are people friendly...just some more than others.

Back
Top Bottom