Meet my Chick!

Pics
Here is TRUMP and his little gals.. they have worked their way onto the roost with the big gals! They have figured this out for awhile now.. I’m just late posting about it.. he’s still a sweet boy and has yet to crow...
2B359698-C044-4083-93C0-070FBE347E2D.jpeg
2E536030-928D-4C57-9A69-B055A495982B.jpeg
7075E328-08C7-4A1F-A40D-67A268E4F9E0.jpeg

It's nice they have a side to go to. Mine are scattered everywhere and the littles are getting beat up as they try to find their own space on the bar. 😲
I've got a roosting story too! For three months, there's been drastically reduced fighting on the roost because Janet decided to roost away from everyone else. Guess what happened last night?

IMG20200810174526.jpg

Both Mary and Peggy decided to roost on Janet's branch. Janet went back to her old pecky ways but not as bad as she used to.

I'll put in a third roosting branch this weekend and see if that relieves Janet's roosting anxiety.

I've got a roosting story too! For three months, there's been drastically reduced fighting on the roost because Janet decided to roost away from everyone else. Guess what happened last night?

View attachment 2285202

Both Mary and Peggy decided to roost on Janet's branch. Janet went back to her old pecky ways but not as bad as she used to.

I'll put in a third roosting branch this weekend and see if that relieves Janet's roosting anxiety.
Of course. 😆 they can't leave well enough alone.

It's nice they have a side to go to. Mine are scattered everywhere and the littles are getting beat up as they try to find their own space on the bar. 😲
Yea.. ya see how the bigs are all to one side? That’s because that part is behind the door.. I had it open to get the pics.. so the littles have plenty of space to pick from but it’s not behind a closed door.. I don’t think they mind as long as they are “in” with the flock ;)
I’ll have to show a pic to have this make sense but, my first original roosting area is connected but only with a small door to walk through to the big roosting side.. so it’s separate but connected.. it’s actually perfect for when I’m integrating any littles.. cuz they go sleep in that side and until they get brave enough do they move in with the others...

View attachment 2285202

They are so silly at bed time 🤦‍♀️... here are all the big gals.. I think they stand for a good while before they settle... maybe they are hot and waiting for it to cool down some...
A55140F0-74F1-4763-AF92-349ADD2B10FF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom