Meet my Chick!

Pics
He is still pretty serious... but I think he is coming along nicely! I don’t really have any complaints about him as of now.. I got to hug him yesterday and today and give his wattles a rub 😍
He is really sweet to the Brady Bunch.. on the first night that they were integrated they didn’t now where to go to bed and you should have seen him trying to show them where to go up! One even went out the coop and he followed her out to get her! But he gave up as I came out.. they were peeping frantically and I had to PUT them on their roosts. I did that for three nights and tonight they went straight to bed on their own like little pros!
Sounds like he is rounding into shape. I love that he was concerned and trying to help the new ladies. I think he may turn out quite well for you.

Good job Trumpy! :clap:clap

Hi there! I am doing well! We have been busy.. been doing lots of teen things.. and we bumped our riding lessons to two a week! I also rigged up a “practice horse” so that I can practice “riding” everyday! I’ll have to show a pic.. it is hilarious! The horse is a bag of pine shavings and swing 😳😆
You need someone to video practice for us. Is this a normal way to practice @Butterscotchbitesfinger or @RebeccaBoyd ?

You need someone to video practice for us. Is this a normal way to practice @Butterscotchbitesfinger or @RebeccaBoyd ?

I'd love to see a pic or video too. I've never heard of that, but then my family's never done formal riding lessons. You would think being in Kentucky everywhere would offer them. I'd have to drive almost 3 hours 1 way for my daughter to take dressage lessons. That type of riding is not popular in my area, its trail riding, and the horses you come across are pacing or racking horses. She has had almost 2 years of informal dressage lessons giving to her by 2 girls who had taken them occasionally. They boarded at the barn before it went up for sale. Rosie learned alot in that time though, and one of the girls is in her first year of college at UK this year and is on the event team. If i can find it somewhere i have a picture or video a year and a half ago of Rosie riding a Friesian.

59700252_2346760912042717_1909422230782083072_n.jpg

Yes she was riding her in a western saddle, but, here she is riding something a lot of people in my area have not even seen, a Friesian. Rosie was in her "I don't want a gaited horse phase" as i like to call it. We were at the time looking for the right horse for her and the mare's owner Mckenzie who had been giving Rosie lessons had her convinced that a all around quarter horse or arabian cross was the way to go so she could continue her walk/trot/canter lessons. Now Rosie at the time had ridden and learned to actually ride on older standardbred gelding who paced and a tennessee walker who would rack. She liked riding them but to a 9/10 year old the fun riding was cantering. Then she met Russ and his owner and good friend Shelby. Shelby moved Russ and her other horse to our barn to have them closer to her while she was in school. What Rosie didn't know at the time was that Russ was brought there as a 3 month lease to see how they got along. She was under the impression that she was to ride Russ for her to help get him back in shape and be her trail buddy. Russ is a foundation bred Tennessee Walking Horse. He was also used for 4 years while Shelby was in high school as a drill team horse. They dabbled in a little bit of everything and Shelby taught Rosie everything he knew. It was apparent 2 weeks in that this was the horse for her but she didn't know. Russ was her Christmas present last year. Rosie now admits that while a occasional dressage lesson is ok this is how she prefers to ride.
DSCN1495.JPG

She has several saddles to choose from, and over half the time she hops on him its bareback.

I'd love to see a pic or video too. I've never heard of that, but then my family's never done formal riding lessons. You would think being in Kentucky everywhere would offer them. I'd have to drive almost 3 hours 1 way for my daughter to take dressage lessons. That type of riding is not popular in my area, its trail riding, and the horses you come across are pacing or racking horses. She has had almost 2 years of informal dressage lessons giving to her by 2 girls who had taken them occasionally. They boarded at the barn before it went up for sale. Rosie learned alot in that time though, and one of the girls is in her first year of college at UK this year and is on the event team. If i can find it somewhere i have a picture or video a year and a half ago of Rosie riding a Friesian.
I would love to see that!

View attachment 2355633
Yes she was riding her in a western saddle, but, here she is riding something a lot of people in my area have not even seen, a Friesian. Rosie was in her "I don't want a gaited horse phase" as i like to call it. We were at the time looking for the right horse for her and the mare's owner Mckenzie who had been giving Rosie lessons had her convinced that a all around quarter horse or arabian cross was the way to go so she could continue her walk/trot/canter lessons. Now Rosie at the time had ridden and learned to actually ride on older standardbred gelding who paced and a tennessee walker who would rack. She liked riding them but to a 9/10 year old the fun riding was cantering. Then she met Russ and his owner and good friend Shelby. Shelby moved Russ and her other horse to our barn to have them closer to her while she was in school. What Rosie didn't know at the time was that Russ was brought there as a 3 month lease to see how they got along. She was under the impression that she was to ride Russ for her to help get him back in shape and be her trail buddy. Russ is a foundation bred Tennessee Walking Horse. He was also used for 4 years while Shelby was in high school as a drill team horse. They dabbled in a little bit of everything and Shelby taught Rosie everything he knew. It was apparent 2 weeks in that this was the horse for her but she didn't know. Russ was her Christmas present last year. Rosie now admits that while a occasional dressage lesson is ok this is how she prefers to ride.
View attachment 2355646
She has several saddles to choose from, and over half the time she hops on him its bareback.
That is just awesome and what a wonderful present for her! 🥰

She looks great up on him.

View attachment 2355633
View attachment 2355646
Friesians have such expansive action, I've never ridden one, but I imagine it would call for a lot more core strength and flexibility than I ever had.

I have never done that lol I go out and ride coz I have my horse in my yard but whatever works for you
One day you should teach me horse talk... I've never understood it... I loved to ride when I was young but had no idea what I was doing. I had a friend with horses and we'd ride on weekends through his forest. It was wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom