Sep 24, 2014
Virginia

Flames

Brownie

Sunshine

Starlight

Midnight

Buttercup

Flames and Brownie are Buff Orpingtons, Starlight and Midnight are Plymouth Rocks, and Sunshine and Buttercup are Aurucanas. All of them are about the same size, except Buttercup is a little bigger, I think a week older. My main thing about gender is between the Buffs. Flames has a LOT more feathers even though they're the same size, and I heard that Buff roosters take longer to feather out. Before you ask, Buttercup is the bossy chick, I think because she's the biggest and oldest lol. And yes I know these chicks are a little young to sex, but I'm getting curious. I think they're about 3 weeks old. If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it!

They are really young to be confirmed as hens yet.

"When sexing most juveniles, the best, most fail-safe method is to look at the saddle feathers in front of the tail when the bird is about 3 months old. By that age, cockerels will have long and pointy saddle feathers, while a hen's will be rounded. This will indicate for sure whether you have a cockerel or a pullet in every breed but Silkies and Sebrights. You will also be able to see long, curving sickle feathers in the tail of the rooster as he gets a little older." - http://www.mypetchicken.com/backyar...ell-if-my-juvenile-bird-is-a-rooster-H47.aspx

Back
Top Bottom