Meet our new babies!!

sezjasper - did you really hatch all girls ?
I'm sorry Diva, I didn't see your question until now... Actually I didn't hatch any of them, got them from the feed store. And they are supposed to be all girls...of course, the five chicks we got last year were also supposed to be all girls (we ended up with one roo
sad.png
) I'm hopeful that we got all girls this year...it's awful to get attached to a chick and watch it grow and then have to give it up.

Well, we've had our new babies for a week now...enjoying them so much, they all have such different personalities! I'd like to introduce Dorothy, our Light Brahma...she is very proud of her little fuzzy feet
jumpy.gif
Dorothy is one of our bigger chicks, but she is a fraidy-cat. All of her "sisters" are learning to jump and fly, but Dorothy is afraid to even try! She will stand there and flap her wings with her feet firmly planted on the ground! She is starting to get the beautiful black markings on her brand new wing feathers. She is adorable!
love.gif

And here we have Lola, an Easter Egger and such a beautiful little girl! She has the most laid-back personality. She loves to sleep and will always find something to use as a pillow...the feeder, another chick, whatever!
gig.gif
She has such pretty coloring, we can't wait to see how she feathers out...although it would be wonderful if she would always stay this small and sweet! We love our Lola!
love.gif

We all know how quickly chicks grow...two weeks ago I posted pictures of two of our babies. Here they are today...

Lola is our Easter Egger, and Dorothy, our Light Brahma. It's hard to believe they are the same "babies" 17 days later.

Here's Dorothy again, showing off her fuzzy feet! Peeking from behind the feeder is Bunny, another Easter Egger...and Penny, our New Hampshire, is on the right.

I wish they'd be in less of a hurry to grow up!!

Back
Top Bottom