Meet Red.

camershek

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2016
Sand lake, Michigan
What gender is Red? I've never had a silkie so I have no idea what I'm looking for as far as sexing one.

IDK much about silkie gender, but I do know that the top hat is generally more of a poof on females and more spikes pointing back at an angle on males. Also, the males will have longer feathers on their neck and hackle.

Hope this helps! I'm sure some experts will be along soon.

MW

IDK much about silkie gender, but I do know that the top hat is generally more of a poof on females and more spikes pointing back at an angle on males. Also, the males will have longer feathers on their neck and hackle.

Hope this helps! I'm sure some experts will be along soon.

MW

Thank you! Hoping for a female because I've already got one rooster and the people across the street do as well so I'm already gonna go crazy with the crowing haha!

welcome-byc.gif

I'm by no means a silkie expert, but this bird is pinging my roo-dar. Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure. Can you pull back the crest and get a comb shot?

I will do my best to get a pic of it in the morning. I'll keep him even if he is a boy, we love eachother. Just want to know because I plan to get another for a companion for him/her because s/he will be alone after our meat bird is slaughtered this month

Back
Top Bottom